× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: 316: Jumbo Frames

john_es
Aspirant

316: Jumbo Frames

I am gettin gsuper slow copies from my Windows 7 machien to my 316.

Win 7: 1Gbps wired cat6 ethernet, MTU = 1500, adapter set for jumbo frame support.
Netgear switch that allows for jumbo frames

On the 316, it's set for a 1500 MTU, but I can't seem to find any option for jumbo frames. How do I set that?

Thanks...
Message 1 of 6
RX
Luminary
Luminary

What is the model of the Netgear switch?
What if you try to connect the NAS directly to your PC to isolate the problem?
What is the current FW of your NAS?
Message 2 of 6
Nhellie
Virtuoso

john_es wrote:

On the 316, it's set for a 1500 MTU, but I can't seem to find any option for jumbo frames. How do I set that?

Thanks...

I don't see any option to auto enable jumbo frames, try setting MTU to 9000.
Message 3 of 6
john_es
Aspirant

It's the latest firmware. And I have no idea why you would suggest plugging the NAS directly to the laptop - it's connected via a gigabit switch.

Anyway, I am not really even sure this is an MTU issue... the sticky post is providing a 404, so I am really just looking for some general advice on things to try.
Message 4 of 6
StephenB
Guru

First of all, you enable jumbo frames by setting the MTU above 1500. But I'd recommend setting the MTU on the Win7 to 1500 next (instead of enabling JF on the NAS).

Ixa's suggestion to try a direct connect is reasonable - we often suggest this to rule out the switch (and cabling) as the cause of the problem.
Message 5 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you send me your logs (see the link in my sig)?
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements