× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

6.10.2 SMB only works via IP address

Ralphc1
Follower

6.10.2 SMB only works via IP address

Hi,

I yesterday did the upgrade from 6.10.1 to 6.10.2. Since then the NAS shows up as usual under Network with its name, but cannot be accessed via SMB from Windows Explorer when using its name. Using the IP address it works. My backups use the machine name, so they failed.

I use LACP Level 2 with four Ethernet connections and noticed that my router shortly after starting up the machine would assign several different IP addresses to the NAS, including the one I set as fixed IP. After a few minutes all except the one I defined as fixed address went away from the list. So I guess that there is something wrong with link aggregation in this firmware. My switch is a Netgear GS748Tv5.

I rolled back to 6.10.1 and everything works fine.

Regards Ralph

Model: RN3138|ReadyNAS 3138 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: 6.10.2 SMB only works via IP address

There could well be a bug there.  @JohnCM_S , @Marc_V - can you check if this is a known problem?

If you can reserve an IP address in the router, that could be a workaround.

Message 2 of 4
stevebetts
Aspirant

I have this problem... it occured in 10.1. I asked Netgear to investigate and come up with a solution.. I mapped all accesses by IP address is the meantime. i was told that it is some kind of windows 10 security access problem... Never did get an answer to it!!!

I have also upgraded to 10.2 (RN202) and it all works as before EXCEPT the media streamers via readyDLNA. I have 3 devices I use to stream video and music. Now I none see the server, I have tried reboot, disable DLNA restart it, nothing seems to work... any Ideas?

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@stevebetts wrote:

I have this problem... it occured in 10.1. I asked Netgear to investigate and come up with a solution.. I mapped all accesses by IP address is the meantime. i was told that it is some kind of windows 10 security access problem... Never did get an answer to it!!!

I have also upgraded to 10.2 (RN202) and it all works as before EXCEPT the media streamers via readyDLNA. I have 3 devices I use to stream video and music. Now I none see the server, I have tried reboot, disable DLNA restart it, nothing seems to work... any Ideas?

Are you using LACP?  If you aren't, then your problem is completely different (and the OP says his problem does not occur in 6.10.1).

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements