× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Active Directory on ReadyNAS NV+ v2, RAIDiator 5.3.11

kc7gr
Aspirant

Active Directory on ReadyNAS NV+ v2, RAIDiator 5.3.11

I'm pleased to report I've been successful in joining our ReadyNAS NV+ v2 to our Active Directory domain. The trick, it seems, is pretty simple: DON'T populate the field marked 'Organizational Unit' in the setup! The moment I blanked out this field, and put the proper values into all the other required fields, it joined right up without any problems at all.

Then, following a reboot of the unit, all I had to do was power-cycle our Roku player (to get it to log off and back on again), and do a logoff/logon with our workstations that were accessing the NAS share.

Again, this is specific to the ReadyNAS NV+ v2, running RAIDiator 5.3.11 (which, as far as I know, is the last/latest release for the 5.x tree). I have no idea if the same issues exist on later (or earlier) versions.

Happy tweaking.

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Active Directory on ReadyNAS NV+ v2, RAIDiator 5.3.11

Hi kc7gr,

The OU field can be used if you want to specify the location of the user account in your AD. This really depends on the user and I myself, I just leave it blank and works fine. Thanks for sharing in the community and we hope that you will continue to post interesting topics, give out suggestions or workaround like this one that may help other members.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Active Directory on ReadyNAS NV+ v2, RAIDiator 5.3.11

Hi kc7gr,

The OU field can be used if you want to specify the location of the user account in your AD. This really depends on the user and I myself, I just leave it blank and works fine. Thanks for sharing in the community and we hope that you will continue to post interesting topics, give out suggestions or workaround like this one that may help other members.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements