× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Admin account locked for 5 minutes

alexofindy1
Guide

Admin account locked for 5 minutes

Firmware 6.10.5

I have been locked out of Frontview multiple times today, receiving a message that the admin account is locked for 5 minutes due to multiple failed login attempts.  I don't think I mis-entered my password at all, and if I did it would only have been once.

After the 5 minute period, I can access the system.

This has been described previously, and seems to fall in the "that's not a bug, it's a feature" category.  It was added in 6.10.

My readynas is currently resyncing, due to a failed and replaced drive.  During resyncing, frontview takes a long time to respond, which is expected.  I'm guessing one or more of my browsers experienced delays in getting a response from the Readynas to my login attempt, and so kindly kept resending it, which confused frontview.  I can't say which browser, I used several (Chrome, Firefox, Edge).  So, this post is not much help.

But, if Netgear sees this message, I personally would like to see this "feature" either removed, or be made configurable. Caused me a lot of grief today.

Model: RN31600|ReadyNAS 300 Series 6- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 2
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Admin account locked for 5 minutes

There has been a suggestion in the Idea Exchange regarding making it configurable for quite some time,  Netgear has not even responded.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements