× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Advice on replacing a ReadyNas Pro 2

PatrickVdC
Aspirant

Advice on replacing a ReadyNas Pro 2

Hi,

I've got a failing ReadyNAS Pro 2 (power issues on the chassis), and will need to replace it with a new NAS.

The current one has 2 4TB disks in it, and is used in a Windows environment (i.e., users are authenticated on the Domain via AD, and map shares through Explorer), with approx. 15-20 concurrent (light) users. 

I've been looking at the Netgear site, and in the (small) business arena I see 3 current models: RN422, RN312 and RN212. Any advice on which of the three would be most appropriate for my environment?

Kind regards,

Patrick

Model: ReadyNAS RNDP2000|ReadyNAS Pro 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

The RN312 is no longer produced (it's superceded by the RN422).

The RN212 claims support for 12 users, so it is likely enough.  However, I'd probably go with the RN422.  It's $100 more on Amazon at the moment, but you get better performance and a longer warranty (5 years instead of 3) for the extra money.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

The RN312 is no longer produced (it's superceded by the RN422).

The RN212 claims support for 12 users, so it is likely enough.  However, I'd probably go with the RN422.  It's $100 more on Amazon at the moment, but you get better performance and a longer warranty (5 years instead of 3) for the extra money.

Message 2 of 3
PatrickVdC
Aspirant

That makes sense. Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements