× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backup Exclusions don't show using Alternate Browsers

msd
Luminary
Luminary

Backup Exclusions don't show using Alternate Browsers

Hi,

OS 6.4.1

I have a problem.  I set an Rsync Backup job and set an Exclusion.  The pop up Browse Windows don't work with any Browser, Chrome, Firefox, IE11).  Regardless, I Typed in the folder name = Test and applied.   I ran the job and it seemed to work and the contents of the "Test" folder were excluded.

Problem: How does one remove the exclusion?  I logged back into Frontview and checked the Backup job.  The "Test" exclusion doesn't show and states there are no exclusions.  I checked using 2 PC's and 3 Browsers on all...............nothing. No exclusions show. 

I went back to the PC and Chrome Browser where I set the Exclusion and sure enough the folder called "TEST" shows as typed as an exclusion. It doesn;t show is a list or anything.

What am I missing here.  It would be a problem if the only Browser that can see any exclusion is the original one that it was entered from.  Suggestions welcome please.

Cheers

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
msd
Luminary
Luminary

One can close off this post as "Resolved" I have worked out the issue.

1. My issue was self inflicted. I discovered, that the  "Test" folder I was looking at on the USB_hdd_1 was a standalone folder I created for a different job. The Main Rsyn Job wasn't even looking at it hence the reason nothing was changing (oops). Smiley Frustrated

2. I have since being informed by Netgear Support that the "Pop Up" window in Backup/Advanced doesn't work. Its not a deal breaker as long as one knows how to Exclude a Folder. This is easy enough by just Typing the name of the Folder OR Path to Folder and adding. 

CACHE: Is definately a concern with OS6 and often a full "Page Refesh" is required to clear what showed last time around.  It's one reason I sometimes hate "Web Style" interfaces. They can be dangerous if one forgets. This however had no bearing on my "non existant" issue!

Thanks for reply.

Case Closed

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Have you tried clearing your web browser cache, closing your web browser then reopening the web admin page and checking again?

Message 2 of 5
msd
Luminary
Luminary

Did you read original Post?. I tested using 3 Browsers and also on 2 different PC's!  How can clearing Browser Cache assist.?

PS: I refuse to ever clear my Browser Cache and it being used as an excuse.  I like my Browser Cache.  One can always Refresh which will do much the same.

To be certain: I work around this by using a Different Browser OR different PC 🙂

Cheers

Message 3 of 5
msd
Luminary
Luminary

One can close off this post as "Resolved" I have worked out the issue.

1. My issue was self inflicted. I discovered, that the  "Test" folder I was looking at on the USB_hdd_1 was a standalone folder I created for a different job. The Main Rsyn Job wasn't even looking at it hence the reason nothing was changing (oops). Smiley Frustrated

2. I have since being informed by Netgear Support that the "Pop Up" window in Backup/Advanced doesn't work. Its not a deal breaker as long as one knows how to Exclude a Folder. This is easy enough by just Typing the name of the Folder OR Path to Folder and adding. 

CACHE: Is definately a concern with OS6 and often a full "Page Refesh" is required to clear what showed last time around.  It's one reason I sometimes hate "Web Style" interfaces. They can be dangerous if one forgets. This however had no bearing on my "non existant" issue!

Thanks for reply.

Case Closed

Message 4 of 5
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi msd,

This post has been tagged as resolved. Also, a big thanks for the share and the workaround that you did to resolve your problem.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements