× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Backup Exec RALUS Add-on [13.0.0]

overlook
Tutor

jsmwalker wrote:
Hi there,

Having exactly the same problems, have installed this add-on, which said it had encountered an error, but then completed and now if I try to enter IP of the server it just gives the spinning update wheel, again if I try to remove same error, running 3200 with latest firmware, anyone got any fixes for this?

Cheers

J

exactly the same problem

+ rate of 100 Mo/sec when we backup NAS to NAS :evil:
+ "incorrect function when we test the credentials" with BE. All Windows credentials test work successfully except Nas' test. We can browse the NAS (using the frontview login)

maybe the latest revision of BE (13.0 rev4164 SP1) does not work with the Netgear's RALUS ?? :x
Message 26 of 66
CampbellIT
Aspirant

jsmwalker wrote:
Hi there,

Having exactly the same problems, have installed this add-on, which said it had encountered an error, but then completed and now if I try to enter IP of the server it just gives the spinning update wheel, again if I try to remove same error, running 3200 with latest firmware, anyone got any fixes for this?

Cheers

J

Same here. Just installed it today to test. I opened a case online with Tech Support 5 1/2 hours ago with no response so far. I'm not a happy camper about that.
Message 27 of 66
tbg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. Just installed it today to test.

I had the same problem and resolved it with a reboot of the NAS box. After the restart the Backup Exec Add-On was still checked off and in the Host field it said 'NONE'. From this point on when I keyed in an IP it would think about it for 7-10 secs then would stop. No success confirmation but I was able to interact with the GUI again. I refreshed UNIX servers in BE and then ReadyNas was there and usable. I successfully backed up a test file.

Reboot worked for me. 😄
Message 28 of 66
overlook
Tutor

big problem of rate for us.

We got 70mo/s (4,2go/min) when we use NFS to backup NAS to NAS and we got 10mo/s (600mo/min) when we use BE !!

Any idea how I can fix this please?

thanks,
Message 29 of 66
theJonson
Aspirant

Has anyone been having problems with the RALUS plugin, loosing it's connection the the Backup Exec Server.

I have on 4200 with the RALUS add-on installed, and every couple of days, the server name is completely blank, and I can no longer backup my 4200 (which currently has all my users data on it)

It's just done it again for the 4th time, and it rather frustrating, the one thing I haven't tried yet is to use the IP address of the media server rather than the DNS name.

The setup I have is the following:

ReadyNAS 4200 with Latest RALUS Agent v13.0 from the forums, the media server is Windows Server 2008 R2 running Backup Exec 2010 R2.
Message 30 of 66
Heijx
Aspirant

theJonson wrote:
Has anyone been having problems with the RALUS plugin, loosing it's connection the the Backup Exec Server.

I had the same issue with our 3200 and same software combination.
The issue was resolved when Netgear support advised us to upgrade the ReadyNAS Raidiator firmware to 4.2.16.
Unfortunately the 4.2.16 does not show anymore on the downloads page but you can still download it modifying the link for 4.2.17:
http://www.readynas.com/download/RAIDiator-x86/RAIDiator-x86-4.2.16

Since all works now, I am reluctant to move on to 4.2.17, but perhaps other users have experience with this version.
Message 31 of 66
mameis
Aspirant

We have a similar problem. Ralus works fine up to 47--55 days. Then it stops working. After restarting (reentering the symantec backup exec host or starting beremote service on shell) it works again, but only for 1..2 Days.
After restarting the entire readynas it works fine for approx. 47-55 days.

The situation becomes not better after installing firmware 4.2.16

We are using Ralus 13.0.0 and Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 on Windows 2003R2.

On Friday (03.06.11) i installed firmware 4.2.17 (before i removed ralus 13.0.0) and after firmware updatere i reinstalled ralus 13.0.0. It works until Saturday (04.06.11)....

Any hints??

Matthias Ameis, IT-Service, Landkreis Barnim, Germany.
Message 32 of 66
theJonson
Aspirant

I've been in contact with Netgear and I am about to test a new version of the RALUS agent tonight. I'll post back if it fixes the issue.
Message 33 of 66
theJonson
Aspirant

Well I've been in contact with netgear for a couple of weeks, and have tested an newer version (v13.0.4164) but this still hasn't fixed the issue of the RALUS agent just stopping for no reason. Which is a shame, as my client has purchased a copy of BE 2010 and the RALUS license just to do this task, which now doesn't work 😞

I've resorted to using the built in RSYNC capability to at least have some form of backup, however this is not historical so it's not really what I need.
Message 34 of 66
chapmanm
Aspirant

Has there been any further movement on this?

I am experiencing the same issue and getting grief when backups fail!
Message 35 of 66
jst3751
Aspirant

Any updates on this problem? I have in the last week added the RALUS agent onto our 4200 and like others the agent looses name or IP of the Backup Exec server. I can add it, save, and start the backup job and the job runs. But after the job is over the Backup Exec server field on the RALUS agent is blank again.
Message 36 of 66
mameis
Aspirant

This is behavior is "normal". So long the Circle in the right upper corner is green (not red), the Agent is running.

I have contacted the Netgear support (05.09.2011), the answer: Netgear ingeneers are working on this problem, in future a update would solve the problem.
Message 37 of 66
chirpa
Luminary

Re: Backup Exec RALUS Add-on [13.0.5204]

Updated RALUS add-on with new build. Based on BE2010r3 agent. Fixes periodic service crash that some people experienced.
Message 38 of 66
twalsh1
Aspirant

I have just spent the last 2 hours trying every conceivable way to get this new verion of the agent to work and i cannot. BE 2010 R3 will not accept the verification no matter what i do. I have gone back to v13.0.0 and it is back to working but with the exception of course.

Anyone have the same experience? Any ideas?
Message 39 of 66
jst3751
Aspirant

twalsh wrote:
I have just spent the last 2 hours trying every conceivable way to get this new verion of the agent to work and i cannot. BE 2010 R3 will not accept the verification no matter what i do. I have gone back to v13.0.0 and it is back to working but with the exception of course.

Did you remove the existing agent first? I removed the existing agent then uploaded and installed this new version and it installed fine.
Message 40 of 66
jst3751
Aspirant

This is getting tiring. Yesterday I uploaded and installed 13.0.5204 and it kept the Backup Exec host. This morning when the job fired it failed saying could not establish a trust relationship with the remote agent. I have followed Symantec article http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159562 but it fails trying to establish the trust relationship.

We need this to work.
Message 41 of 66
mameis
Aspirant

Just i have installed 13.0.5204. It is not possible to get a connection from Backup Exec 12.5 - the credentials failed.

Why? Is there a way to solve the problem?
Message 42 of 66
amac27
Aspirant

I would suggest that you install tje older Ralus agent and open a case with tech support.
Message 43 of 66
mameis
Aspirant

Yes, certainly i will contact the tech support.

I have reinstalled 13.0 and just it works again (also under new ReadyNAS Firmware 4.2.19, i have installed at same time as the experience with 13.0.5204).
Message 44 of 66
naut
Aspirant

twalsh wrote:

I had the same problem. Check the certificates in the /opt/VRTSralus/data directory on your readynas, if this directory doesn't exist, create it and try to establish the trust relationship.
Message 45 of 66
beisser1
Aspirant

naut wrote:
twalsh wrote:

I had the same problem. Check the certificates in the /opt/VRTSralus/data directory on your readynas, if this directory doesn't exist, create it and try to establish the trust relationship.

i can confirm this works. used it today.
Message 46 of 66
chirpa
Luminary

Add-on has been updated to correct the ./data directory.
Message 47 of 66
jst3751
Aspirant

naut wrote:
twalsh wrote:

How do you access that directory from a Windows computer?
Message 48 of 66
beisser1
Aspirant

jst3751 wrote:
naut wrote:
twalsh wrote:

How do you access that directory from a Windows computer?

you dont need to anymore. the newest addon creates all necessary folder when installed.
Message 49 of 66
jbentivoglio
Aspirant

Re: Backup Exec RALUS Add-on [13.0.5204.1]

I'm trying to get this add-on but the link appears to be broken.

http://www.readynas.com/download/addons/x86/4.2/BackupExec_13.0.5204.1-x86.bin

Is there another link I can use?

Thanks

Jeff
Message 50 of 66
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements