× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Backup failed and problems from that...

Akabane
Aspirant

Backup failed and problems from that...

So, my shiny new Ultra 6 Plus tried to pull my media share from my old NV. The job took almost 2 days. And failed (cf log).

Now I have about 4 To missing of free space on the Ultra, nothing to show for it in the Media folder. I guess all is in /job_001/ folder. But I can't access it. And that kinda suck. Since I do want the content OR at least wipe it to get the space back.

The other problem is that the Media share on the new NAS is now really unhappy, I cant do anything in it. I guess it is locked because of the backup job? (I did it in NFS btw).

Any idea to sort this mess? (A failing drive in the NV (ATA failures), may be the culprit for my problem. Drive that I replaced now, resync is happenning as I write this. Info in orange in the log that may help find the problem).

Log (edited in red for privacy 😉 )
----------
cp: cannot open '/job_001/./Pictures/xxxx/.AppleDouble/DSC00613.jpg' for reading: Permission denied
cp: cannot open '/job_001/./Pictures/xxxx/DSC00613.jpg' for reading: Permission denied
cp: cannot open '/job_001/./Videos/xxxx/.AppleDouble/videoname.mkv' for reading: Permission denied
cp: cannot open '/job_001/./Videos/xxxx/videoname.mkv' for reading: Permission denied
cp: reading '/job_001/./Videos/xxxx/video1.mkv': Input/output error
cp: cannot stat '/job_001/./Videos/xxxx/video2.srt': Input/output error
cp: cannot stat '/job_001/./Videos/xxxx/video2.mkv': Input/output error
(All the videos in that folder (12) like that, then all the folders after that one reported the same error. The NV was crashed in the end anyway, I had to pull the plug to get it back)
cp: cannot stat '/job_001/./Videos/.AppleDouble': Input/output error
cp: '/job_001/./Videos': Input/output error
cp: cannot stat '/job_001/./.AppleDouble': Input/output error
cp: cannot stat '/job_001/./Network Trash Folder': Input/output error
cp: cannot stat '/job_001/./Temporary Items': Input/output error
cp: cannot stat '/job_001/./.AppleDesktop': Input/output error
cp: cannot stat '/job_001/./.AppleDB': Input/output error
cp: '/job_001/.': Input/output error
----------

Thanks for your help!
Message 1 of 3
Akabane
Aspirant

Re: Backup failed and problems from that...

Just checked the c partition directly in CIFS, I can see that the backup indeed crashed at the end, all the data before the crash seems to be here (in media) (confirmed by the logs). But how to fixe the view in "normal" share and ownership? I can only see them logged as admin in partition c.
Message 2 of 3
Akabane
Aspirant

Re: Backup failed and problems from that...

I just updated the NV with 4.1.10 T3 FW too, since I just saw the bug in 4.1.9. GG Netgear to let that version in the autoupdate process... I doubt it played a part in my problem, but the bug seems pretty nasty anyway...

EDIT : OKAY, so writing problems help thinking. 😉 I managed to get everything in order, thx to the advanced options in CIFS admin UI. I forced new ownership and all is OKAY now, I can finish moving files, I see the backuped ones, etc. \o/
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements