× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Can't access ReadyNAS DUO

rbn
Aspirant
Aspirant

Can't access ReadyNAS DUO

Hi, my ReadyNAS DUO (v1) has been working fine up until now, but now I can't access it anymore. I can't ping the IP address or access it via the web interface, but RAIDar finds it and shows no signs of trouble (volume status, disk status and fan status have green icons). I have tried rebooting it several times, and it seems to boot normally. The LED light of the ethernet port is blinking very fast on the green one and is on and not blinking on the amber one. It is running on firmware v. 4.1.7. What could I do to fix this problem?

Best regards,
Ruben
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Do you have a backup?
Message 2 of 7
rbn
Aspirant
Aspirant

There are 2 hard drives in the ReadyNAS set up with RAID backup, if that is what you meant, but I don't have external backups..
Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

RAID is not backup - as you are finding out. I meant backup, but you answered that as well.

What I'd do next is power down the NAS, and connect disk 1 to a windows PC with linux reader installed (http://www.diskinternals.com/linux-reader/). That should let you copy off your data. After that we can see about getting the duo running again.
Message 4 of 7
rbn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have now made a backup of disk 1, and luckily the content seems alright. How do I proceed with the ReadyNAS? Should I try to reset it?
Message 5 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Maybe try an OS reinstall first. If that fails, then try the full factory reset. The best instructions are on page 15 of the hardware manual: http://www.readynas.com/download/docume ... 6Dec11.pdf

The default admin password is netgear1.
Message 6 of 7
rbn
Aspirant
Aspirant

An OS reinstall worked fine, thank you very much for your help! 😄
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos