× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't access iscsi with "Error in evaluating table display iscsilist IndexSizeError:"

mkumku
Tutor

Can't access iscsi with "Error in evaluating table display iscsilist IndexSizeError:"

I have been using my readyNAS for years and today, after extending a target (under volumes), I cannot access the Volumes -> iSCSI tab anymore.

SOS!

I really need it.

The error I am getting in FF:

"Error in evaluating table display iscsilist IndexSizeError: Index or size is negative or greater than the allowed amount"

It is slightly different in Chrome, but it does not let me copy it.

Error in evaluating table display iscsilist IndexSizeError: Failed to set the 'maxLength' property on 'HTMLInputElement': The value provided is (-1) is negative.

Any suggestions please?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
mkumku
Tutor

Re: Can't access iscsi with "Error in evaluating table display iscsilist IndexSizeError:"

This was super helpful:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-2100-Error-Encountered-Uploading-Updat...

I downloaded the intermediate firmware update as a file and updated it.

And now I can access the iscsi tab again.

mdgm, thanks a lot!

I am a happier person now!

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Can't access iscsi with "Error in evaluating table display iscsilist IndexSizeError:"

Which firmware are you on?

Can you still access your data? If you can access your data the first step would be to make sure that your backup is up to date.

Message 2 of 11
mkumku
Tutor

Good advise. Indeed.

Thank you!

The device:

Ultra 4

Firmware version - not sure where I can see it.

Seems like a bug in the UI or somewhere. Anyway I can fix it?

Message 3 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The firmware version would show on the homepage of Frontview and also in RAIDar.

Message 4 of 11
mkumku
Tutor

Found it:RAIDiator 4.2.15 .

BTW, I could never use RAIDar, afair. I am on Linux and iirc I could never get it working.

Message 5 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

4.2.15 is extremely old firmware. I seem to recall seeing an issue like this a long while back, but 4.2.15 was released back in 2010, I think. There have been a number of firmware updates since then.

It could be a browser compatibility issue with the very old firmware you are running. Perhaps try a different web browser.

The first thing I would suggest you do is make sure you can access your data and if so backup your data.

Message 6 of 11
mkumku
Tutor

I agree 100% that the firmware update is needed.

I tried performing it several times and it didn't work.

So I never troubleshooted it.

I will try again now.

Thank you.

Message 7 of 11
mkumku
Tutor

It always says (after I click to proceed with upgrade:

"Shutdown options are currently unavailable due to an active background task. This page will automatically update when the task is complete. Please attempt shutdown again at that time."

And then it fails with message: Error encountered uploading update image.

So - I have no clue how to upgrade.

Do you have any suggestions please?

Message 8 of 11
mkumku
Tutor

Checking some other threads on the subject.

Hopefull will resolve it soon!

Message 9 of 11
mkumku
Tutor

This was super helpful:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/ReadyNAS-2100-Error-Encountered-Uploading-Updat...

I downloaded the intermediate firmware update as a file and updated it.

And now I can access the iscsi tab again.

mdgm, thanks a lot!

I am a happier person now!

Message 10 of 11
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Thanks for the update. You can now click on the Accept as Solution button under an appropriate post to mark it as the solution.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements