× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't get access to my readynas duo files when trying to Logging on with my windows 7 pc.

foureyes-2001
Aspirant

Can't get access to my readynas duo files when trying to Logging on with my windows 7 pc.

Readynas duo firmware 4.1.16 windows 7

Does anyone know how to setup permissions on readynas duo v2 or v1?

I have done the basic setting up, and I can access all my file but when I setup hosts name, user and group, under shares, I can’t have access to my files

with internet explorer login.

does anyone know how this must be setup?

Please and thank you

Model: ReadyNAS RND2150|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Can't get access to my readynas duo files when trying to Logging on with my windows 7 pc.

@foureyes-2001 wrote:

Does anyone know how to setup permissions on readynas duo v2 or v1?

You have a v1

@foureyes-2001 wrote:

I have done the basic setting up, and I can access all my file but when I setup hosts name, user and group, under shares, I can’t have access to my files

with internet explorer login.

I'm not completely sure what your problem is.

Are you saying that 

• you had the ability to access your files, but lost it when you set up hostname, user and group in the share settings?
  • or that you have access with windows explorer (\\nas-ip-address in the address bar) but not with internet explorer?
  • Something else?
Message 2 of 6
foureyes-2001
Aspirant

Re: Can't get access to my readynas duo files when trying to Logging on with my windows 7 pc.

Hi StevenB

It is a new setup never setup before.

And I think the nas is a version 1.

Do you know how to setup this network:

I have setup user and groups.

Now when I go over to the shares list it asked for host I put in the name of the nas for example nas-D3-D-D5,

Under host it asked for group example group1,

Then it asked for user example user1,

Then when I go to my network work explorer and click on the media folder, a box pops up saying user and password I enter user and password and it says" 

access denied”, the same window comes up asking for the password once more, I tried the nas password and then a popup window asked for password once more with the option of windows account 1 or windows account 2,

Please can you help with this problem 

One more thing when I remove the details from shares example host name, group, and user, I can access my media files folder that is default when you boot up the nas for the first time.

as you can see the problem no password protection.

Thank You

StevenB

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@foureyes-2001 wrote:

Now when I go over to the shares list it asked for host I put in the name of the nas for example nas-D3-D-D5,

Try these settings to get started.  These settings allow full access to the NAS by anyone on your home network.  Even if you don't want that in the end, use them now, just to make sure everything is working.  Once it's up, post back on what access restrictions you want, and we can try to help.

nv+ cifs-1.png

nv+ cifs-.png

And then click on the advanced tab and use these settings

NV+ advanced.png

Message 4 of 6
foureyes-2001
Aspirant

Hi StevenB  

thanks Steven

I got it up and running, one problem how i setup the nas for flex raid to get maximum capacity?

readynas v1 duo

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

I replied to your PM on this.  

You'll need to install RAIDar (probably best to use 4.3.8) and do a factory reset.  Then you have a 5 minute setup window to switch to flexraid (via RAIDar).

Two volumes (one per disk) are best - with a single volume you lose all your data when either disk fails.

The easiest way to make sure you get two volumes is to do the factory reset with one disk in place, and then add the second when you are safely in flexraid.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements