× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access DLNA service via 2nd NIC

Frederick1
Aspirant

Cannot access DLNA service via 2nd NIC

Hi,

I am setting up my ReadyNAS ultra 4 which almost works fine, but it has one problem.

I connected my ReadyNAS with 2 separated subnet.
Ethernet1 has 192.168.0.0/24, and Ethernet 2 has 172.16.64.0/18, both of them set DHCP.

After I enabled ReadyDLNA service, my PS3 as a DLNA client in 192.168.0.0/24 can access the ReadyNAS,
but when I connect my PS3 to 172.16.64.0/18, it shows "Can't find any media server" at its XMB menu.
And more, when I connect ReadyNAS's Ethernet 1 to 172.16.64.0/18 and Ethernet 2 to 192.168.0.0/24,
my PS3 in 172.16.64.0/18 can access the ReadyNAS.

So, I think my ReadyNAS cannot service DLNA via 2nd NIC.
Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Kind regards,

P.S I am using ReadyNAS ultra 4 w/ RAIDiator : 4.2.17 & ReadyDLNA: 1.0.20

//Frederick
Message 1 of 8
arjoseph1
Tutor

Re: Cannot access DLNA service via 2nd NIC

Contacting the support will also be a good idea so that they can determine if this is an issue.
Message 2 of 8
LrdShaper
Aspirant

Is ReadyDLNA the only service you cannot access from the 2nd NIC? What about CIFS, FTP and FrontView? Can you even ping the 2nd NIC?
Message 3 of 8
arjoseph1
Tutor

One of the main reasons why the NAS has 2 NICs, is for it to be accessed by 2 different subnets. In this way 2 different networks can access the NAS at the same time. Some of its function that is available in the business edition NAS are teaming, round-robin, etc...
Message 4 of 8
LrdShaper
Aspirant

Yes I'm aware of that, but Frederick is assuming it's a ReadyDLNA issue. Since he didn't mentioned if he's been able to actually access anything on the NAS via the 2nd NIC, I just want to make sure the 2nd NIC is working fine first with the other services.
Message 5 of 8
arjoseph1
Tutor

As I have said earlier, contacting support will the best route from here. They will help in determining if this is an issue or just an isolated case. It will be difficult for us to jump to a conclusion right away.
Message 6 of 8
Frederick1
Aspirant

All,
Thank you for your reply.

LrdShaper wrote:
Is ReadyDLNA the only service you cannot access from the 2nd NIC? What about CIFS, FTP and FrontView? Can you even ping the 2nd NIC?

Yes. I confirmed that I can access CIFS, Ping, and FrontView via 2nd NIC.
Currently DLNA is the only service which is not available via 2nd NIC.

#After I've wrote this topic, I came to know when I connect my ReadyNAS's Ethenet 2 only (= No connection to Ethernet 1), my PS3 can access DLNA.
#Furthermore, my ReadyNAS listens port 8200 (which is DLNA default port) on 0.0.0.0 (by netstat) in every cases. So I think it should works, but it's not.
#So strange...

arjoseph wrote:
Contacting the support will also be a good idea so that they can determine if this is an issue.

Sure. I will contact to the support.

Kind regards,

//Frederick
Message 7 of 8
Frederick1
Aspirant

Hi,

I've contacted to the support and came to know it's limitation in the design.
They say ReadyDLNA is available at only one NIC. So when I connect both NICs, I can't access DLNA service via NIC2.
I'm not convinced so much. But that's all.

Anyway, thank you for your kind support.

//Frederick
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements