× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot access Readynas Volume after update 6.5.0

TheAlec
Aspirant

Cannot access Readynas Volume after update 6.5.0

RN204 after updating to os 6.5.0   I cannot access readynas network volume on my pc ,I get a message Readynas is not accessible.You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.   element not found.

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 1 of 14

Accepted Solutions
TheAlec
Aspirant

I tried all your suggestions but none seemed to work may be I did something wrong, but I found a way to assess the volume, all I did was create a new user admin account and when I logged in I could access the Readynas Volume just like before the upgrade this worked with my Vista and Windows10,  all I need to do now is save/transfer my old user account files and then delete my old user accounts

I hope this helps someone

Thanking  you all for your help : TheAlec

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 14

All Replies
bt-user
Aspirant

Same problem, but only for new users. New user can only see backup shares created by ReadyCloud app, all other even public shares are not accessible. . Every newly added user gets “access denied. It is a terrible bug especially while we were forced to migrate from good working fw.

Message 2 of 14
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi TheAlec & bt-user,

You may want to try to re-login your ReadyCLOUD account (which was migrated to your existing or new MyNETGEAR accounts) then log back in to the ReadyCLOUD desktop client. Once done, remap the shares and it should work fine.

Take note: ReadyCLOUD client should be updated to version 1.12.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 14
TheAlec
Aspirant

I have no problem loging in and accessing my files on the upgraded MyNETGEAR account on the internet ,  when I  try to access the READYNAS Volume on my home network desktop pc it will not now let me in, I am using Vista on my Desktop pc and Windows 10 on my laptop and niether can access the READYNAS Volume on my network, how can I fix this ? I think the problem must be with the READYNAS as everything worked fine before the upgrade. What is ReadyCLOUD desktop client ? I only previousley had access to READYNAS  Volume on my network , do I need to install desktop client? if yes how and where do I get this app.

Model: RN204|ReadyNAS204
Message 4 of 14
StephenB
Guru

TheAlec - do you recall what firmware you were using before?  If it was older than 6.4.0 then the system might need to compute quotas, which can take some time.

If you weren't using ReadyCloud on the PC before, then don't install it now - it won't help your problem.

Message 5 of 14
bt-user
Aspirant

About the ReadyCloud app just have in mind, that ist is only good to create certain backup folders. After a short while it suddenly stops backuping anything. For reliable backups use third party apps. But after this new FW you will not be able to map any drive, epsecially if you create new users. Even if you use ReadyCloud app you will not be able to see public shares nor your backup folders from the PC's file explorer. Only from web GUI 🙂 OMG what they did with this migration mess and new FW.

Message 6 of 14
TheAlec
Aspirant

The firmware was up to date 6.4  before I upgraded had no problems, do you know if I can down grade to previous firmware to resolve this problem. I had ReadyCloud before but never used  all I did was send files to Readynas Volume from my pc this was very simple and quick.

Message 7 of 14
StephenB
Guru

@TheAlec wrote:

do you know if I can down grade to previous firmware to resolve this problem. 

Netgear says "shouldn't downgrade", and I think they actually block it.

@TheAlec wrote:

all I did was send files to Readynas Volume from my pc this was very simple and quick.

Is SMB enabled in system->settings?

Message 8 of 14
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you login to your PC using an email address and if so is this the same email used for your ReadyCLOUD account?

Message 9 of 14
TheAlec
Aspirant

No I do not login to my pc with an email address, only use an email address to log in to ReadyCLOUD for the first time after update  6.5.0

I checked to see if SMB enabled in system->settings,   yes it is enabled

Message 10 of 14
FabianGabor
Initiate

I had the same issue. After days of trial and error I finally just managed to access my 102. You have to log out from your network.

To do this, go to:

Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Manage your credentials -> Windows Credentials

Here, delete anything related to your network drive. I had to delete 2 credentials. After that, try to access your NAS by either name or IP. It should ask you to log in again, do it with your upgraded ReadyCloud email address and password.

PS. I don't know if it's required but I also did open a Command Prompt and disconnected every remote connection by typing:

net use * /delete

Hope I could help!

Message 11 of 14
StephenB
Guru

try running cmd and enter

net use * /delete

net use t: \\nasipaddress\data /user:admin nasadminpassword

There the items in italics are placeholders.

You might get an error on the first command (if so ignore it).  The second one should map the NAS data volume to drive letter t:

Message 12 of 14
TheAlec
Aspirant

I tried all your suggestions but none seemed to work may be I did something wrong, but I found a way to assess the volume, all I did was create a new user admin account and when I logged in I could access the Readynas Volume just like before the upgrade this worked with my Vista and Windows10,  all I need to do now is save/transfer my old user account files and then delete my old user accounts

I hope this helps someone

Thanking  you all for your help : TheAlec

Message 13 of 14
bt-user
Aspirant

I finally managed to get new user(s) access to shares and even home folder. Keep the e-email address of any user(s) no longer than 32 characters (make less for sure). Then install ReadyCloud app, log-in, create neccessary backup folders and forget the app. Now you will be able to map any shares. Hopefully it helps for all.

Message 14 of 14
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements