× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access admin page on RN102 after firmware upgrade to 6.9.4

FightingKiwi
Initiate

Cannot access admin page on RN102 after firmware upgrade to 6.9.4

Hi there,

Looking for advice on how to access admin page, or whether to reset the device.

Replaced dead disk, which was then synced (over 12 hours. Disk lights all turned to ready state)

Next opening of Admin page offered to update firmware (Which I stupidly agreed - we never learn to stick with what works)

Admin page was inaccessbile after that. It times out and I get a "admin page offline" message.

RAIDar tells me the unit is alive and healthy (it had been degraded before the disk replacement). I can access the files via windows file explorer.

I think my easiest option is to back the files up to another disk and reset the RD102?

Model: RN102|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Cannot access admin page on RN102 after firmware upgrade to 6.9.4

Hi @FightingKiwi, before you go the painful way of resetting and restoring a backup you might want to try different browsers instead. Assuming you are not on macintosh and currently use firefox, why not trying chrome, edge, internet explorer or lunascape to see, whether any of them is able to get to the admin page.

Kind regards

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi @FightingKiwi, before you go the painful way of resetting and restoring a backup you might want to try different browsers instead. Assuming you are not on macintosh and currently use firefox, why not trying chrome, edge, internet explorer or lunascape to see, whether any of them is able to get to the admin page.

Kind regards

Message 2 of 5
FightingKiwi
Initiate

Many thanks Roland,

I use Firefox normally. I had tried Explorer earlier when I read on the community about trying other browsers, but Explorer never made it to the admin page, just froze at the readynas title page.

But I tried again after your advice, and explorer is now making it to the admin page just fine (after I ignored all the certificate error warnings etc).

So this one is solved. And it's nudged me into getting the 102 to make a backup to an external drive - just in case.

BTW, does anyone know how to adjust your favourite browser so it can get through to the admin page?

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FightingKiwi wrote: "Anyone know how to adjust your favourite browser so it can get through to the admin page?"

I had issues with firefox in the past when using it in privacy mode. You also could try to use a standard search engine instead of something exotic and see,whether that helps. But, it might not help in your case. Don't expect too much. Trying to set back firefox to its standard settings might be a good starter to find the culprit.

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FightingKiwi wrote "And it's nudged me into getting the 102 to make a backup to an external drive - just in case."

Should you be interested in improving performance and stability of your RN102 in general, I'm happy to share my experiences from the past.

You could access that by folowing the link below.

Kind regards

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyNAS-Idea-Exchange/Improving-performance-and-stability-of-RN104...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements