× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot access folders Transmission (existing, not changing folder)

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Cannot access folders Transmission (existing, not changing folder)

Dear Friends,

MERRRRRRY Xmas 🙂

I have 2 issues I would like to have some insight on, but the main one is the Transmission issue.

Info:

Running windows 10 pro, ReadynasOS 6.9.1. Transmission NT from APP store.

In previous versions of ReadynasOS, if you browsed to the root of your NAS, you could also see the apps folder, and browse to the transmission downloads folder. I have already finished several downloads, but I cannot see the actual folder in the root, or access it via mapping it directly (\\ip-address\Data\.apps\Transmission\blabla). Now, I have read that we can change the download directory, which is perfectly fine for the new downloads, but how do i access the files i have already downloaded? I would prefer not to have to work with SSH to mount stuff, unless its the only way, because im not that advanced a user 😉

Second issue: i cannot use the Admin account to access the network share. I use the same account to logon to the Admin page, and i have set all the permissions, or havent touched them i should say...but verified they are the same as my regular shares user account, but i cannot access the shares in windows. In the windows credentials manager, i deleted the account i normally use to access the shares, and it _is_ asking me now for the user/pass combo but the admin account is not accepted. I am 100% sure the password is correct, as i am using that account to access the NAS Admin page.

Can anyone assist?:) Awesome!

Thanks,

yveZ

Model: RN214|4 BAY Desktop ReadyNAS Storage
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Cannot access folders Transmission (existing, not changing folder)

@Retired_Member wrote:

but i cannot access the shares in windows. In the windows credentials manager, i deleted the account i normally use to access the shares, and it _is_ asking me now for the user/pass combo but the admin account is not accepted. I am 100% sure the password is correct, as i am using that account to access the NAS Admin page

Both issues are really the same, as you need admin credentials to access /data/.apps over SMB.

I posted the next step on your other thread.  Add back a credential that uses the NAS admin account, and either do a net use * /delete to terminate older sessions, or reboot the PC.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements