× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Cannot disable Power Alerts

Almudena
Aspirant

Cannot disable Power Alerts

Hi,

Under Readynas OS 6.5.0, I am unable to disable power on and off alerts. I therefore receive email alerts about those.

I consider this to be very bad design. My system power on and of each day just behind my back, so I annulay receive  around 730 emails for useless alerts. The information might be valuable in some cases including for for me when I am away from the office. But this should be a choice to be alerted or not, In order to avoid the hassle, I am obliged to disable the whole alert system which means missing very valuable information regarding disk temperature for example.

I know the issue has been discussed several times; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/unable-to-DESELECT-quot-UPS-quot-alert-email-ge... and here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/How-can-I-remove-alerts-OS6-4-2/m-p/1088907#M10... and here.

I do not want to ignite a new discussion about the pros and cons of this: my personal opinion is made. So please refrain to explain why the all or nothing design is a good design.

My first question for Netgear employees that are involved in the forum. Any chance that this is modified in a next Readynas OS upgrade or not?

My second question is for other forumers: any way to change this via  SSH? I do not care about voiding the guaranty.

Best Regards

Model: ReadyNAS-OS6|
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@Almudena wrote:

My second question is for other forumers: any way to change this via  SSH? I do not care about voiding the guaranty.

I know of no way to change this with ssh.  As you've likely already read, the usual workaround is to implement email filtering on the client (if you can).  I agree that is inadequate, but I know of nothing better.

Message 2 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I think this has been posted as an "idea". I have up-voted it as it would be useful to me too.
You should go in that section and up-vote. This seems to be the best way to get new features implemented. (Look at amazon cloud, "lots" of up-votes... added in 6.5.0)
Message 3 of 4
Sandshark
Sensei

I looked, and found where the alert data was stored (don't recall now), but I could not see a way to turn off anything that cannot be done via the UI.  I did figure out how to turn alerts off completely, which I posted as an answer to my own question regarding it.  Do a search if you decide to go that way.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements