× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Change Active Directory Administrator Account

CPHART_IT1
Aspirant

Change Active Directory Administrator Account

Hi

Can someone let me know how to go about changing the administrator account used for the Active Directory sync? Also, does this change require a reboot of the device or anything of that nature?

Cheers
Message 1 of 5
Nhellie
Virtuoso

Re: Change Active Directory Administrator Account

please check this link:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detai ... -system%3F

you might have to reboot if after applying the changes.
Message 2 of 5
garyd9
Virtuoso

That's bad advice.

The original poster asked how to CHANGE the admin password, not how to configure it all to begin with. Sadly, it appears that the ADS information can't be edited once it's configured. I'm encountering this problem myself - my "Directory Service Address" changed (the machine was replaced) and I can't seem to edit that field. 😞

Gary
Message 3 of 5
garyd9
Virtuoso

So.. to answer both the original poster's question, AND as a resolution for my own issue:

If you flip the access type back and forth between "active directory" and "local users" a few times (without doing anything but changing that drop list.. no buttons, etc) it appears to re-enable the disabled feilds, allowing you to edit the admin credentials, and directory server address.

Gary
Message 4 of 5
garyd9
Virtuoso

okay, maybe NOT a resolution to my issue. I can change the fields, but it won't authenticate against my DC anymore. I'm now completely locked out of my NAS. Nice, netgear. 😞

Thank you, Danish, for getting things working again. On both of them. 🙂
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements