× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connect to ReadyNAS Duo from RAIDar after factory reset

msq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Connect to ReadyNAS Duo from RAIDar after factory reset

Hello,

Trying to bring back to life my old RND2000 v1. The problem is I can't connect from RAIDar to the device after factory reset to choose Flex-RAID over (default) X-Raid. Here are the steps:

- only one disk inserted in bay 1

- factory reset on device

- after +-five minutes of disk scanning - a 10 minutes period begins where I theoretically should be able to connect from RAIDar and select disk set up - that is Flex-RAID. If I leave like that uninterrupted - it will boot fine with IP from DHCP and the only drive set to X-Raid.

I can see this device in RAIDar with its default IP address - that is 192.168.168.168. My PC is currently running with IP 192.168.1.100 and netmask 255.255.0.0. According to my calculations the 192.168.168.168 should be reachable with such netmask.

And here is the issue – I see it in RAIDar, the SETUP button is there – but after a click in this button – after a few seconds – I got a little popup saying: Your NETGEAR Storage is not accessible from this computer, please check your network setting.

And I got stuck here – not sure what I can do about that. The RAIDar access after factory reset seems to be the only way to select Flex-RAID.

Model: RND2000v1|READYNAS DUO v1|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

If the NAS is using 192.168.168.168 then it is not reaching the DHCP server.  You should probably try 192.168.168.100 in the PC and 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask.  Also you should try using direct-connect (connecting the ethernet cable directly between the duo and the PC - not through a router or switch).

Also, use RAIDar 4.3.8 for this, not the newer RAIDar 6.3: https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

If the NAS is using 192.168.168.168 then it is not reaching the DHCP server.  You should probably try 192.168.168.100 in the PC and 255.255.255.0 as the subnet mask.  Also you should try using direct-connect (connecting the ethernet cable directly between the duo and the PC - not through a router or switch).

Also, use RAIDar 4.3.8 for this, not the newer RAIDar 6.3: https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Message 2 of 4
msq
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yup - RAIDar 4.3.8 was the solution for that. Apart from the fact I had to install 32b java it worked out of the box. Seems like network wasn't problem here.

Thank you for your help!

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@msq wrote:

Yup - RAIDar 4.3.8 was the solution for that. Apart from the fact I had to install 32b java it worked out of the box.

Unfortunately the newer RAIDar 6 doesn't handle the flexraid set up.  The current OS6 NAS aren't set up that way.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements