× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DUO: Any way to get a 4TB drive to recognize?

PeterD2
Aspirant

DUO: Any way to get a 4TB drive to recognize?

Hi all,
I have an older ReadyNAS DUO with 4.1.13 firmware, currently running a pair of 2TB Seagate drives, which are full-to-bursting, and I'm currently being forced to delete old stuff off of it (onto portable disks at present), which obviously can't be sustained.

I bought a pair of WD Red 4TB disks. I removed one of the two existing disks, hoping to just do a simple resync but so far no-go. The device recognizes the presence of the new WDC on Ch 2 : WDC WD40EFRX-68WT0N0 but it won't allow a resync (the resync button is greyed out).

Is there any possible way I can get these 4TB disks to work in the Duo? I'm not really wanting to spend yet another $200 or more on a 2-bay drive cage if I don't need to.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 3
dishmagic66
Guide

Re: DUO: Any way to get a 4TB drive to recognize?

If i am right the Duo supports only up to 2TB capacity drives. For using larger capacitys drives you need newer models like the 102 and 104.
If i am wrong one of the Readynas Guru's will correct me.
Message 2 of 3
PeterD2
Aspirant

Re: DUO: Any way to get a 4TB drive to recognize?

dishmagic66 wrote:
If i am right the Duo supports only up to 2TB capacity drives. For using larger capacitys drives you need newer models like the 102 and 104.
If i am wrong one of the Readynas Guru's will correct me.

Ugh. I just ordered a 102 diskless and hopefully that will work.

Another question: Will my old DUO support backing up a Mac using Time Machine?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements