× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DUO V1 / partition almost full - du -ch doesn't add up

pastro50
Aspirant

DUO V1 / partition almost full - du -ch doesn't add up.

I did a du -ch on every directory in the / directory. The total is about 500 meg. df -h reports that I have 1.7 Gb used.
How can I repair the file system if that's what it needs?
Message 1 of 4
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

# df -h
# df -i
# lsof / | grep deleted
Message 2 of 4
pastro50
Aspirant

You got it - It was the deleted files. Lsof wasn't on my duo but apt-get install lsof fixed that.
After a reboot the log files that I deleted were actually deleted.
Thanks for the quick reply - I'm at 28% now.
Just for anyone else that might be affected by this - I re-installed the firmware with the boot menu reset trick but this doesn't remove the log files. You have to remove them manually.
Message 3 of 4
pastro50
Aspirant

And a further note to anyone else with this problem - I reloaded the OS using the boot menu reset button. This doesn't clear anything out of the log files. You still have to delete those files manually, reboot and then reload the OS again. The second reload was because since the partition was full, lots of files on the first OS reload weren't written correctly. After doing the reload twice with clearing out the log in-between, it was all good to go.

I did get the drives mounted on an ubuntu system using fuseext2 which helped to diagnose the full partition issue as well as getting the data partition copied off.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements