× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Dead?

NegativeFate
Aspirant

Dead?

NAS showing up with this after reboot, the unit had "dead" on it, rebooted again and now i can login to the interface but im greeted with this... advice?

Model: RN10400|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: Dead?

@NegativeFate wrote:

NAS showing up with this after reboot, the unit had "dead" on it, rebooted again and now i can login to the interface but im greeted with this... advice?

If you have a backup of the files, then it's best to do a factory default and restore the data from backup.

If you don't, then I suggest using paid Netgear support (my.netgear.com will get you there).  Ask about per-incident support - though it might not be enough.  Data recovery might be needed, depending on what went wrong:  https://kb.netgear.com/69/ReadyNAS-Data-Recovery-Diagnostics-Scope-of-Service

Message 2 of 4
NegativeFate
Aspirant

@StephenB trying to start the ssh service so i can do some futher troubleshooting and im getting this error message, looks like starting or stopping any service brings up this message

ideas on how to get around it?

cheers

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@NegativeFate wrote:

@StephenB trying to start the ssh service so i can do some futher troubleshooting and im getting this error message, looks like starting or stopping any service brings up this message

ideas on how to get around it?

Have you ever seen any errors suggesting a full root partition on the NAS?

One option is to try rebooting in tech support mode.  Though maybe try to download the log zip file first, and then look at the usage in /dev/md0 in volume.log.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements