× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Delete corrupt playlist subfolder on RN10400

MARKEYBOY
Aspirant

Delete corrupt playlist subfolder on RN10400

Hi All.  Something bugging me and want to sort it out.

I have a ReadyNAS 104 and I want to delete a subfolder of the systems folder called "ReadyNAS_104\Music\Playlists".

I can see it in Windows Explorer, but there are no options to Delete. When I right click the corrupt playlist (sub)folder I wish to delete, I get the following options only:

"Open"

"Open in new window"

"Pin to Quick Access"

"Copy"

"Create shortcut"

I have explored the NAS Dashboard by logging in as ADMIN, but with this I cannot even SEE the Playlists folder.

Any help on solving this is much appreciated.  It's driving me nuts!

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
MARKEYBOY
Aspirant

Re: Delete corrupt playlist subfolder on RN10400

Success!!  Thank you!

IN Windows File Explorer, selected "NAS_VALLEYSIDE" under "Network".  Searched for word "Cypress" and it found them.  From here the DELETE option is available.

I will now run a re-scan just to finish off.  If totally good will mark as an Accepted Solution.

Thanks for your time.

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 16

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MARKEYBOY,

Does this sub-folder visible in the 'Share' tab in the admin page? Maybe resetting the permission of the 'ReadyNAS_104\Music\Playlists' will help you delete this sub-folder on your PC via Windows File Explorer.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 16
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MARKEYBOY,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance. 
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Re

Message 3 of 16
MARKEYBOY
Aspirant

Hi.  There are no folders whatsoever visible on the Share called 'Music'.  If there were, I'm sure I could achieve my goal.

So, any expert advice how to access 'ReadyNAS_104\Music\Playlists' through the Admin Page would be most appreciated.   This is bugging me!  😞

Message 4 of 16
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MARKEYBOY,

If it's not seen in the admin page, I suspect that this is a a cache on your PC. Could you post a screenshot so we can confirm?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 16
MARKEYBOY
Aspirant

Hi BrianL.

Post a screenshot of what exactly?

Regards

Mark

Message 6 of 16
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MARKEYBOY,

You mentioned that you can see this directory(subfolder) via Window Explorer but it isn't visible in the admin page. We just wanted to confirm and see for ourselves that this directory really exist and if it is, remote or backend access would be needed.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 16
MARKEYBOY
Aspirant

HI BrianL.

They absolutely DO exist and I shall explain why I know this.  I have a Cambridge Audio CXN network streamer in the living room which sees the NAS playlists - these are the exact same folders that we are currently discussing.

These folders are generated by the NAS and triggered when I create a playlist.   I export an 'm3u' playlist from iTunes, then copy/paste this into the NAS Share Folder:  ReadyNAS 104\Mark\Music Library.    Then, during the course of the next couple of minutes or so, a new folder will appear in ReadyNAS 104\Music\Playlists.   I know this because I have watched it happen right before my eyes.  These playlist folders contents are audio files associated and are what network streamers (such as my CXN) look for.   If I ever go back to ReadyNAS 104\Mark\Music Library and delete the 'm3u' file, then the corresponding playlist folder will automotically delete itself over the next minute or so.

So what has happenend is that an 'm3u' file has been deleted as normal by me, but something has corrupted along the line somewhere.  These 'corrupt' folders also have a weird data stamp embedded in them.  For example, one folder is called "Cypress Hill (2016_05_20 08_33_46 UTC)" so clearly captured a date and time occurence. 

Does this make it any clearer?

Mark

Message 8 of 16
StephenB
Guru

It is pretty common for DLNA players to show playlists as a separate category (which isn't precisely a folder).  Similarly many have "videos" and "audio" categories that list the media files in a way that is different from the organization on the disks.  

But you shouldn't be seeing a playlist folder via Windows File Explorer unless you created that folder yourself.  That is why Brian would like a confirming screenshot (showing the folder).That will be helpful for him if he needs to escalate this to other folks in Netgear.  It is easy to do - details are here: http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Microsoft-Windows.  PNG file format is the best to use.  Then post it here using the video icon in the toolbar (to the right of the hyperlink icon).

Are you using ReadyDLNA, Plex, or something else?  

Message 9 of 16
MARKEYBOY
Aspirant

Capture.PNG

Message 10 of 16
MARKEYBOY
Aspirant

So, posted you a screenshot.  I am using the built in DLNA capabilities of the RN104.

Message 11 of 16
MARKEYBOY
Aspirant

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Message 12 of 16
StephenB
Guru

Thanks, this is useful.  It looks to me like you are accessing via DLNA (the NAS_valleyside:ReadyNAS 104 format is suggesting that - there isn't a :ReadyNAS when you access with Windows File Sharing).

I am thinking that the other folders (albums, all music, genre, artist, and recently added) also don't show up when you access the NAS by entering \\NAS_valleyside\Music in the windows explorer address bar either. Is that correct?  That would be because they aren't really folders (though they look like them when you browse).  They are populated from the ReadyDLNA database.

Try rescanning the media library..  This is an option in the admin web ui (system->settings->services->ReadyDLNA will show up a popup with a "rescan" button).  Let us know if the phantom playlists disappear when you do that (or not).

Message 13 of 16
MARKEYBOY
Aspirant

OK.  I'm understanding what you say about these not being 'real' folders.

SO, did a re-scan as advised.......took a while.........but the phantom playlists still exist as before.

What next?

Message 14 of 16
StephenB
Guru

@MARKEYBOY wrote:

OK.  I'm understanding what you say about these not being 'real' folders.

SO, did a re-scan as advised.......took a while.........but the phantom playlists still exist as before.

Maybe search \\NAS_valleyside\Music on "Cypress Hill" using explorer's search bar, and see if any playlists come up (anywhere in the share)??  If they do, then delete them and rescan again.

BrianL or another poster might have another suggestion.

Message 15 of 16
MARKEYBOY
Aspirant

Success!!  Thank you!

IN Windows File Explorer, selected "NAS_VALLEYSIDE" under "Network".  Searched for word "Cypress" and it found them.  From here the DELETE option is available.

I will now run a re-scan just to finish off.  If totally good will mark as an Accepted Solution.

Thanks for your time.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements