× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Delete existing Amazon Drive Credentials so it prompts for new ones?

Grayswandir1
Aspirant

Delete existing Amazon Drive Credentials so it prompts for new ones?

Hello,

How do I delete the existing Amazon Drive authentication that is stored on my ReadyNas, so it will prompt me to re-enter the info?

I've been using the Amazon Drive backup successfully for months, but recently it's been turning itself off. I can turn it back on, everything works well for a day, then it turns itself off again. When I looked at the error messages they mentioned an invalid user account credential.

I figured I would reauthorize the ReadyNas and see if that helped. I first turned off the Amazon Drive button on the ReadyNas.I logged into Amazon Drive and deleted the ReadyNas from Account/Manage 3rd Party Apps section.

I then went back to the ReadyNas and turned the Amazon Drive functionality back on, but it wouldn't turn on. I rebooted the ReadyNas, and tried again. It flickered for a brief moment, looking like it was turning on but no, stays off. I rebooted a few more times. After a little bit I get an alert banner - "Unauthorized.  It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive".

I've confirmed that IPV6 is disabled. I have 8.8.8.8 as my DNS. I've tried multiple browsers. How do I get the ReadyNas to re-prompt me for new Amazon credentials?

Thanks for your help.

Model: RN51600|ReadyNAS 516 6-Bay
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Delete existing Amazon Drive Credentials so it prompts for new ones?

Hi @Grayswandir1

Your ReadyNAS was shutdown, can you boot and try to check the service again? @mdgm-ntgr updated your NAS BIOS and remove the previous settings.

Everything should be working back to normal. You might see some side effects on updating the BIOS though.

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Grayswandir1

Welcome to the Community!

What Firmware is your NAS running? It should ask for your login once you have turned it on. 

You may want to send the logs using the guide on the sig.

Regards

Message 2 of 13
Grayswandir1
Aspirant

Thanks for replying and taking a look. I'm running firmware 6.9.3

Logs have been sent.

Amazon Drive doesn't actually start when I turn it on. It just stays in the off position.

Last night after trying to turn it on many times, rebooting a bunch of time, I deleted the AmazonCloudDrive share, thinking maybe that would kick it into offering the Amazon login prompt again. But no, that didn't work either. It just recreated the share and still said it was unauthorized.

Sat Jun 2 2018 20:29:58
System: Amazon Cloud Drive service stopped.
Sat Jun 2 2018 20:29:58
System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Sat Jun 2 2018 20:23:44
Share: Share AmazonCloudDrive was added.
Sat Jun 2 2018 20:23:42
System: ReadyNASOS background service started.
Sat Jun 2 2018 20:22:16
System: The system is rebooting.
Sat Jun 2 2018 20:21:37
Share: Share AmazonCloudDrive was deleted.

Message 3 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi

Have you tried re-adding the NAS under Amazon Drive 3rd party apps section? I will have the logs checked.

Regards

Message 4 of 13
Grayswandir1
Aspirant

Hello,

The Amazon Manage Third Party interface only allows you to revoke access, not initiate access. I guess the initiate access screen has to come from the device/site that wants access. That's why I was trying to figure out how to get the ReadyNas to re-prompt for those credentials.

Thanks for checking the logs.

I had issues emailing the .zip log files that was created by ReadyNas. They bounced from Netgear with an error. I've just sent them again using a Dropbox link.

Message 5 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Grayswandir1

Have you tried doing an OS-Reinstall, this will revert some settings back to default (network settings and Administrator password) and fix some corrupted configuration files. You can do that by accessing the Boot menu of your RN516.

RN516 Boot menu

Regards

Message 6 of 13
Grayswandir1
Aspirant

Hello,

I just tried a reset, O/S reinstall. It did set my network and password back to default but no difference with the Amazon Drive.

It shows as off. When I click on it it just stays off, no popup.

I can click on every other cloud service in that section and it pops up the credential/login box but clicking on Amazon Drive does absolutely nothing.

And after a few minutes I get the yellow banner: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.

Was someone at Netgear able to access my shared logs via Dropbox?

Message 7 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Grayswandir1

Can you try using a different browser? It should still ask for the Amazon login. Try IE or Firefox or Chrome

Regards

Message 8 of 13
Grayswandir1
Aspirant

I've tried Firefox, Chrome, IE11, Edge on the main Windows PC, a second Windows desktop, a brand new out of the box laptop, and an iPad Chrome browser. Same issue with every single one of the them. Attempting to turn on Amazon Drive does nothing.

I can turn on every other Cloud option on that page and it prompts with a popup box.

Because it still alerts that the authentication is wrong my guess is that the ReadyNas thinks that the Amazon Drive service is still on, even though the button shows off.

ue Jun 5 2018 4:50:54   System: Amazon Cloud Drive service stopped.
Tue Jun 5 2018 4:50:54   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Tue Jun 5 2018 0:05:01   Volume: Disk test started for volume data.
Tue Jun 5 2018 0:00:04   Snapshot: Snapshot c_1528171203 was successfully created for share or LUN XXXXX
Tue Jun 5 2018 0:00:04   Snapshot: Snapshot c_1528171203 was successfully created for share or LUN XXXXX.
Tue Jun 5 2018 0:00:03   Snapshot: Snapshot c_1528171203 was successfully created for share or LUN AmazonCloudDrive.
Mon Jun 4 2018 21:19:24   System: Amazon Cloud Drive service stopped.
Mon Jun 4 2018 21:19:24   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Mon Jun 4 2018 20:25:51   System: Amazon Cloud Drive service stopped.
Mon Jun 4 2018 20:25:51   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Mon Jun 4 2018 19:56:16   System: Amazon Cloud Drive service stopped.
Mon Jun 4 2018 19:56:16   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Mon Jun 4 2018 19:46:15   System: Amazon Cloud Drive service stopped.
Mon Jun 4 2018 19:46:15   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Message 9 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Can you set your NAS on Secure Diagnostics Mode then provide us through PM the 5 digit port code.

Enabling SDM

Regards

Message 10 of 13
Grayswandir1
Aspirant

Thank you, PM sent

Message 11 of 13
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Grayswandir1

Your ReadyNAS was shutdown, can you boot and try to check the service again? @mdgm-ntgr updated your NAS BIOS and remove the previous settings.

Everything should be working back to normal. You might see some side effects on updating the BIOS though.

Regards

Message 12 of 13
Grayswandir1
Aspirant

Marc, all is well. MDGM worked his magic and Amazon Drive is syncing again. Thanks to both of you for your excellent customer support. I've been a ReadyNas owner for many years, since the Infrant days, and this one of the reasons why. Best of class support.

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements