× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Delete existing Amazon Drive Credentials so it prompts for new ones?

jbajada
Aspirant

Delete existing Amazon Drive Credentials so it prompts for new ones?

Hi,

How do I delete the existing Amazon Drive authentication that is stored on my ReadyNas, so it will prompt me to re-enter the info? I've tried mulitple browsers as well as performing a OS reinstall and still no luck.

The error message i am getting in the logs is:

System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.

I can confirm that the readynas third party authorisation within amazon has been removed, so the above error message is technially correct. How do i get the readynas to prompt me for the login details again?

Thanks for your help.

Model: RN31661D|ReadyNAS 316 6-Bay
Message 1 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jbajada,

Welcome to the Community!

What is the current firmware of the NAS? If you click the Leave button on the Amazon Drive app, it should ask again for the Amazon credentials when you switch it on.

You can also provide to me the logs. Please upload it to a file sharing site and then PM me the download link.

Regards,

Message 2 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jbajada,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. 

The NETGEAR community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 11
jbajada
Aspirant

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.. My firmware version is: 6.9.4 Hotfix 1. There is no leave button on the Amazon drive app. It stays in the off position and wont turn on..  (you actually see it move very quickly to the on and back to the off position when you click on the cloud tab at the top).

Is there a way i can remove the amazon credentials from the NAS so that it prompts me again to put in my login details?

Let me see what i can do about uploading logs.

Cheers,

Jason

Message 4 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jbajada,

The Leave option on the Amazon app should be able to remove the Amazon credentials saved on the NAS.

You may just provide to me the logs so we can further check this one.

Regards,

Message 5 of 11
jbajada
Aspirant

Hi John,

There isnt a leave option.. The amazon option is in the OFF position and will not allow you to select ON as you can with the other cloud backup options.. 

Within Amazon Drive, it says: Your account does not currently have any connections.

Here is the logs:

Oct 19, 2018 02:26:44 PM   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Oct 19, 2018 02:12:22 PM   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Oct 12, 2018 08:33:48 PM   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Oct 12, 2018 05:49:57 PM   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Oct 12, 2018 03:29:13 PM   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Oct 12, 2018 12:08:35 PM   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.
Oct 11, 2018 06:32:03 PM   System: Unauthorized. It could be invalid user account credential or the app is not allowed to access cloud drive. Stopped syncing with Amazon Cloud Drive.

Message 6 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jbajada,

Can you download the complete system logs of the NAS? You should be able to download that by going to System > Logs. Please upload the zip file to a file sharing site and then PM me the download link.

Regards,

Message 7 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jbajada,

It seems there is a config in the back end that is stuck which is why you cannot turn on the Amazon drive. Please enable the Secure Diagnostic Mode so we can try fixing it via back end access. You can enable it by going to System > Settings > Support then PM me the 5-digit port number.

Regards,

Message 8 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jbajada,

I am just checking if you still need assistance on this issue. If you still need help, you can just enable the Secure Diagnostic Mode then PM me the 5-digit port number.

Regards,

Message 9 of 11
jbajada
Aspirant

Hi John,

Thanks for your help thus far.. is this something I can do myself - if your able to tell me what config files to remove?

Cheers

Jason
Message 10 of 11
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi jbajada,

Engineering needs to diagnose the issue further to be able to fix it  which is why they need to have an access to the NAS. You may just enable the SDM and then provide to me the port number.

Regards,

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements