× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Does anyone have Crashplan running?

avpman1
Aspirant

Does anyone have Crashplan running?

I successfully installed and was running Crashplan just fine on my NVX. After Crashplan was auto-updated to version 3.02 it stopped working. Interested to hear from anyone if they are having the same problem or if 3.02 is working for them.

tia
Jim
Message 1 of 12
fbmachines
Guide

Re: Does anyone have Crashplan running?

I am running CrashPlan 3.02 without any issues. However, it was also the version I initially installed. So in my case there wasn't any auto update involved.
Message 2 of 12
fbmachines
Guide

Just updated RAIDiator to 4.2.16 Final and CrashPlan is still going strong to CrashPlan Central, so the firmware update didn't break the install.
Message 3 of 12
avpman1
Aspirant

fbmachines wrote:
Just updated RAIDiator to 4.2.16 Final and CrashPlan is still going strong to CrashPlan Central, so the firmware update didn't break the install.

Yes, it works as long as Jumbo frames on the NAS are DISABLED. CP made a change to their network that makes CP incompatible with the NAS if the MTU is anything but 1500. They have promised to correct this but I've seen nothing yet.
Message 4 of 12
fbmachines
Guide

avpman wrote:

Yes, it works as long as Jumbo frames on the NAS are DISABLED. CP made a change to their network that makes CP incompatible with the NAS if the MTU is anything but 1500. They have promised to correct this but I've seen nothing yet.

Interesting. I don't have Jumbo Frames enabled. For my setup, it seemed like the throughput dropped but I never had any real time to tinker with my settings to see if it was some operator error... :slap: .

I am currently uploading about 1 TB to CP Central. It is about 30% finished and estimates another 30 days. It is averaging 1.9 Mbps up.
Message 5 of 12
avpman1
Aspirant

fbmachines wrote:
avpman wrote:

Interesting. I don't have Jumbo Frames enabled. For my setup, it seemed like the throughput dropped but I never had any real time to tinker with my settings to see if it was some operator error... :slap: .

I am currently uploading about 1 TB to CP Central. It is about 30% finished and estimates another 30 days. It is averaging 1.9 Mbps up.

What types of files are you uploading? I can only get about half that speed uploading DVD video files.
Message 6 of 12
fbmachines
Guide

avpman wrote:

What types of files are you uploading? I can only get about half that speed uploading DVD video files.

Everything from Microsoft disc ISO's & keys, pictures, family videos, various MS Office docs and some from my media server (but not much). I will expand CP to upload everything once this finishes successfully. These are the important files I wanted to protect first. The rest is replacable. In total it will be about 6 TB's when finished.

I am using Road Runner Turbo and it looks like I am maxing out the upload rate...

Try speedtest.net and post your results but your ISP is more than likely the difference.
Message 7 of 12
joneric
Aspirant

avpman wrote:

CrashPlan+ 3.0.3 works perfectly for me with both 4.2.16 and 4.2.15 with Jumbo Frames on and my MTU set to 9000; backing up to the NAS and both to CrashPlan Central (and a USB drive).
Message 8 of 12
buynov
Aspirant

Did anyone tried to run CrashPlan on RedyNAS Duo (Sparc)? Are there instructions anywhere on how it can be installed?
I got response from CP support that ReadyNAS installations are not supported.
Message 9 of 12
fbmachines
Guide

buynov wrote:
Did anyone tried to run CrashPlan on RedyNAS Duo (Sparc)? Are there instructions anywhere on how it can be installed?
I got response from CP support that ReadyNAS installations are not supported.

You can't run CrashPlan on a Duo, or any other Sparc ReadyNAS, as it requires Java which isn't available for Sparc.
Message 10 of 12
SuperFlyBoy1
Aspirant

fbmachines wrote:
You can't run CrashPlan on a Duo, or any other Sparc ReadyNAS, as it requires Java which isn't available for Sparc.

So is a NV+ considered a Sparc then?

(Googled it - apparently so! 😞 )

We have 2 of them, but if they can't be used to backup to the cloud, then what service could we use?

We are currently using CP and SpiderOak.
Message 11 of 12
fbmachines
Guide

Yep, NV+ is Sparc based.

You could look for a cloud service that supports rsync. I don't have any recommendations for you but there might be other posts in the forum from people have used different ones before.
Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements