× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Duo + AEBS + Newbie = Nothing Working

xtopher1974
Follower

Hey so total newbie post here but I'm having a bit trouble even seeing my Duo. Not seeing people that experiencing anything similar so that I'd post.

Let me explain: Bought this in December but only getting around to setting up now. I have a Duo, Airport Extreme Base Station and a iMac running Lion. There is a Motorola cable modem that is also attached to the AEBS.

I have attached the Duo to AEBS and then installed the latest version of RAIDar utility but it's scanning and not finding anything. This might not be that unusual but I can't find anything about how to fix this. My main three ideas about what might be wrong and/or how to fix:

1. AEBS set up. Fix by: Connect directly to the iMac and go about set up there?
2. Lion and ReadyNAS Duo. See above and install a beta version of the firmware?
3. Some AEBS set-up problem. Use the Airport Utility to reconfigure in some undetermined way?

Thoughts from others about what might work and how I should go about doing this? It doesn't seem like the AEBS and the Duo are incompatible but I'm not even at the point where the I can even see the Duo. Or have it set up beyond the solid blue light.

Thanks!

Christopher
Message 1 of 2
WhoCares_
Mentor

To rule out problems with the AEBS you should try your first idea and see what the result is. If you can setup your ReadyNAS that way you will still have to look into what's blocking the general network access but at least you've ruled out a problem with the NAS itself.

-Stefan
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements