× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Duo Powered on but Frozen. Help

madronemedia
Aspirant

Duo Powered on but Frozen. Help

Hi,

I have a ReadyNAS Duo running 4.1.8. Two WD drives listed on compatibility chart. It's been running fine for about a year (had some freezing issues before then and had to replace a HD) and the warranty ran about a few months ago. :(. My last USB backup is also a few months old :(. However, two days ago I received an automated email saying, "A SATA reset has been performed on one or more of your disks that may have affected the RAID parity integrity. It is recommended that you perform a RAID volume resync from the RAID Settings tab ( accessible in the Volumes page => Volume tab in FrontView ). The resync process will run in the background, and you can continue to use the ReadyNAS in the meantime."

After I got home from work, the Duo was powered on, but no activity light and RAIDar couldn't locate it. I tried the standard power off by holding the power button for at least five seconds, but no response. I had to pull the power plug. I did boot up and I could find with RAIDar, and it said, "Volume C: RAID level X, resync 87% complete time to finish 3 hours." I left it overnight thinking all was well. This morning the Duo is again "frozen". It's powered on, no activity light and not reachable via RAIDar. Can't power down via standard power button hold. Had to pull the power plug. This time I reseated factory SODIMM. powered on again, RAIDar sees it with," Volume C: RAID level X resync 87% complete, time to finish 28 minutes." Just before posting this message, RAIDar now says the resync is only 4% complete and will take over 7 hours.

Any idea what the core problem is or suggestions for troubleshooting would be great. Heck, I'd just like to get the most recent data off the drives.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Duo Powered on but Frozen. Help

Sounds like one of the disks may be failing/dead. Suggest you contact NetGear tech support (http://www.readynas.com/support) for assistance. Edit the thread title (i.e. subject of first post in the thread) to include your case number.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements