× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Duo V2 "Device is offline, please wait"

AK471
Aspirant

Duo V2 "Device is offline, please wait"

I know others have had this problem but there were no solutions on the forums to fix it.

I have not enabled active directory. In fact I have not altered anything important, I just added users and shares. I reset to factory settings which remedied and downloaded the latest firmware again in case the image was bad, as soon as the device rebooted the message came back again!

Shares are accessible but Frontview is unable to alter any settings, can't even reboot the device!

Any help much appreciated.
Message 1 of 5
OOM-9
NETGEAR Expert

Based on the time of the posts and since it sounds like you are having more issues here. I will start with this post.
(vs. this post viewtopic.php?f=31&t=65497)

Are you able to download the logs?
If you can send the logs to us we can get a better detail on what is happening. (http://www.readynas.com/kb/faq/misc/how ... d_all_logs)
The FAQ is a little out of date, so let me know if you are having trouble downloading the logs.
Message 2 of 5
AK471
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply, I ended up resetting to factory defaults again which got it running so I could try and replicate the problem and let you know the cause. So far it is working ok but it is a concern that I will get the NAS all set up and start to rely on it for this to happen again and risk losing data, settings and time.

I will continue to experiment and let you know if I can replicate the fault. I am restarting the NAS after every change so I should be able to let you know which change causes the problem.
Message 3 of 5
AK471
Aspirant

Ok this is incredibly frustrating right now, after spending hours setting the NAS up again and restarting after every change to test for the problem it was working so I took it back to my client to install on their network. I was having the same backup problems so changed the workgroup on the NAS to the same as my clients workgroup (note I didn't enable active directory), restarted an now the device is offline again. I have wasted so much time on this I am getting to the end of my tether. I can't even download a log to post. Surely the firmware is to blame?

I really dislike the V2, I wish Netgear continued with the V1 as that was flawless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Message 4 of 5
AK471
Aspirant

Well I have had to resort to changing every machine on the network to the 'Workgroup' workgroup so I don't have to change it at the NAS end. Shouldn't have been necessary but is working for the time being.

The backup problem was resolved by adding a new admin user account to all machines and using those details to access the shared folders. I also changed all of the shared folder names so there were no spaces or capital letters and now it is working.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements