× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Error backup job USB---ABC: destination cannot be accessed

FG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Error backup job USB---ABC: destination cannot be accessed

Under the tasks and in the settings of a task, on the "backup log" tab........how would that log be emptied unless you click the clear button?

This may be a symptom of the problem I am continue to have with the backup destination not be found.

But I am noticing that the log tab is clear for several of the backup tasks. These are tasks that are run weekly, so there should be info in those logs.

Message 26 of 27
MauroA
Tutor

Re: Error backup job USB---ABC: destination cannot be accessed

Hello to all,this is my first post.

I had the same problem in the past with a seagate 3TB disk (USB3),but I was not able to find a solution.

I have found only a workaround that helped to make stable the backup procedure: in the destination property

the software gave me the option to select the usb port instead of the specific disk itself.

The side effect of this choice is that I'm not able to select a particular disk directory.

However I've noticed that the USB,especially USB3 protocol, management is a little buggy in my opinion: every time I connect a USB disk ,NFS and Samba servers stop and restart and vmware gives the famous warning " All Paths
Down state" . I don't know if this beaviour is expected,however I considerer it strange and I think I will open a discussion for it.

Message 27 of 27
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements