× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Expansion problem (stuck) on NV+

winpod1
Aspirant

Expansion problem (stuck) on NV+

One of my readyNAS units is an NV+ that had 500MB. Did some searching to make sure that the system wouldn't hiccup with a 2T addition and there are posted cases that the drives I've chosen indeed work fine. I shut down and inserted a drive and it took about eight hours to format the drive, seemed normal enough. Upon completion the system instructed me to reboot so I did.

Upon restart it began expanding the array to the new disk but in six hours has continued to show just 0.2% completion. The progressing flashing lights continue to run across the front and the display just shows the stuck progress. I can scan and see the unit and its progress on RAIDar but can't log into the unit. The Setup and Browse buttons are grayed out. Attempts to browse directly to the unit give me time-out errors.

Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 4
winpod1
Aspirant

Of course, to complicate matters, two minutes after the previous post power went out. The small UPS on the system just died and the system just went with it. Will wait 'til after the storm passes and the UPS has at least a little juice to turn back on.
Message 2 of 4
winpod1
Aspirant

Upon restart after power probs ... once again stuck at 0.2%
Message 3 of 4
winpod1
Aspirant

Eventually I gave up and rebooted the NV+. When it came back, it had expanded - but clearly just never updated the display or RAIDar as it did so.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements