× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Folder USB_HDD_n being created in /media

davidr1
Luminary

Folder USB_HDD_n being created in /media

Hi,

Pro, Ultra, 31400 all running OS 6.6.0

Since installing OS 6.6.0 all three units:

1. Do not always show a USB  drive in System if the USB drive is connected 'hot', i.e. after boot.

a) If it has connected it appears in shares and Backup jobs>Destination>Test Connection succeeds.

b) If it has not connected a reboot is necessary with the USB drive connected.

2. If the USB drive is not connected for a backup drive, the backup no longer issues an error saying 'Failed - no destination disk' and proceeds creating a folder in /media with the backup in that.

3. This increases the dependancy on using the Admin Page every time. 3 units, 3 daily backups Mon-Fri, 3 Fri night - that's too much dependancy on Admin Pages in a heavy workload environment IMHO.

Has anybody else noticed the absence of 'Drive not connected' in backups where the drive has not been detected?

Do others notice the difficulty sometimes in connecting USB drives? (I format NTFS or mainly ext4)

Model: ReadyNASRNDP2000|ReadyNAS Pro 2 Chassis only,ReadyNASRNDP200U|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus Chassis only,RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 3
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Folder USB_HDD_n being created in /media

Hi davidr1,

I did notice some reports about USB drives not working on the new RAIDiator.

As a work around, you can also try connecting your USB to a PC then setup a back-up job pointing to your PC's IP address or hostname as either source or destination. This is something you can do if you really need the back-up to run temporarily.

I would suggest that you have your RN314 registered (if not) and file a support ticket from NETGEAR if you are still within 90 days of support. You can also get a contract or a per-incident support in order to get your device checked.

Kindly use the link below to contact NETGEAR support:

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
FramerV
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Folder USB_HDD_n being created in /media

Hi davidr1,

I checked your RN31400 and it has a lifetime chat support from NETGEAR.

I advise you to open an online case with NETGEAR Support.  Kindly state the issue that you are experiencing so that they can further investigate or have it escalated.

NETGEAR Support Contact

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements