× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Getting ReadyNas to use other server's UPS

jonahnaylor
Aspirant

Getting ReadyNas to use other server's UPS

Hi I have the ReadyNas NV+ v1 and wondered if there was a way to share the UPS from my Ubuntu Server.

My Ubuntu Server has apcupsd running and I've tried putting the IP in the ReadyNas but get this error:

"Could not connect to the specified UPS server.  Please verify that UPS sharing is enabled on that system and try again."

I wondered if anyone knew a way to get this to work?

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Getting ReadyNas to use other server's UPS

ReadyNAS uses NUTS ( http://www.networkupstools.org/ )

Message 2 of 5
jonahnaylor
Aspirant

Hi thanks Stephen.

Ok I've removed apcupsd from my server and installed Nut and done the basic setup. I can see it working on my server and it's displaying the battery time remaining etc.

But when I log into the readynas and add the IP of the server it fails to connect.

I've tried editing the server /etc/nut/upsd.users file and putting a user called root with my ReadyNas master password and setting it as slave. But the ReadyNas still won't connect.

Any help getting this set up correctly would be really appreciated. Do I need to edit a config file on the Readynas or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks again for any help. 🙂

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

The readynas uses log-on monuser with password pass.  I don't think you can change that on the v1.

You could reverse the setup, and have the linux system monitor the NAS.

Message 4 of 5
jonahnaylor
Aspirant

Hi thanks, well I don't mind setting the config to that user and password so would still rather the Readynas monitored the server if possible...

I've tried adding this to /etc/nut/upsd.conf on the server:

ACL all 0.0.0.0/0
ACL monuser 192.168.0.2
ACL localhost 127.0.0.1

ACCEPT localhost
ACCEPT monuser
REJECT all

and I've added this to /etc/nut/upsd.users

[monuser]
                password  = pass
                allowfrom = local monuser
                upsmon slave

But I still get the error in Frontview of "Could not connect to the specified UPS server.  Please verify that UPS sharing is enabled on that system and try again."

Any extra help to get this to work would be great thanks - what have I done wrong?!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements