× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Help, finding the nas on my mac.

Mrhatter
Aspirant

Help, finding the nas on my mac.

I have some connection problems, i cannot find my NAS Duo on my mac, i can find it in the RAIDar but i do not know how to access to drag and drop files.
I have the newest firmware and im running osx lion.
The webpage is to confusing so please link to i guide if it is simple.
Thanks for helping
Message 1 of 8
sphardy1
Apprentice

If you are trying to access via AFP - http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic ... 28&t=55116
Message 2 of 8
Mrhatter
Aspirant

What is AFP.
it normally works on my imac where it just shows up but do not know anything about these formats
Message 3 of 8
sphardy1
Apprentice

What specifically 'just shows up'?

Macs can connect to a NAS over a variety of protocols - it is important to know which you have been using to then be able to diagnose why it does not appear to work now, though rest assured the cause is almost guaranteed to be your migration to Lion which is not yet supported by the Duo firmware and has known issues
Message 4 of 8
Mrhatter
Aspirant

Normally it the nas just shows up as a folder on my mac. I have no clue about what protocol im using. But is there a guide somewhere so i can set it up?
Thanks for the quick reply
Message 5 of 8
sphardy1
Apprentice

To be able to help you, you need to be much more specific as your posts could be interpreted many ways.

When you say "the nas just shows up as a folder on my mac" - what does that actually mean? Where does it show up? Do you have a screenshot? Either of the working iMac setup, or of your other mac showing where you'd expect to see the NAS? Are you referring to an entry appearing under "Shared" resources in the Finder Sidebar? Or somewhere else? While you may not know what protocol you are using, what protocols are enabled on the NAS?
Message 6 of 8
Mrhatter
Aspirant

Under ''my mac, on the finder sidebar, where there is other folders located also. I have changed my router but when my MBP can find the NAS trough raidar it should not be a problem. I enabled all possible protocols in the settings but I have no clue what is what and how to use it, as said it was plug and play earlier also on this mac.
is there a step by step guide somewhere.
Message 7 of 8
sphardy1
Apprentice

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements