× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How can I read a ReadyNas Duo V1 disk in OSX?

boomish
Aspirant

How can I read a ReadyNas Duo V1 disk in OSX?

I have tried OSXFuse with extfs and now Paragon's ExtFS but still can't mount the drive I've removed from the ReadyNas..any help or steps to mount it?

Reason i want to mount it is backup the files, I have noticed it's repairing a lot of errors over the past month or two and am paranoid as it's got lots of family movies on there. It would take forever and overload the network to try and do it through finder, I read I can remove one drive and just transfer it but I can't seem to get OSX to recognise the drive at all. It's supposed to be standard 4k files and it should read it but nothing. Appreciate any help am stuck after hours of googling and trying terminal commands..

I'm running Mavericks and the latest Readynas software.its a Duo but V1. I have got another Mac with Mountion Lion if it's a Mavricks problem

Many thanks
Alan
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You could try reading it in Linux: http://home.bott.ca/webserver/?p=306
Message 2 of 3
boomish
Aspirant

eeek thanks mdgm but well that doesn't help much I'm not going to go through installing Linux on a virtual machine just to mount the drive, nobody else can help?
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements