× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How long does a Factory Reset take?

SAB68
Aspirant

How long does a Factory Reset take?

Short story -

NV appears to be faulty, I am trying a factory default reset as a last resort, but it has been 'booting' for the last 30 minutes with the medium speed blue blink (no other LED acticity), and except for the odd disk mutter nothing seems to be happening. It contains 4 x 250GB disks.

Can anyone advise how long the reset might take?

Long story -

NV became inaccessible, although NIC LEDs looked OK. Power button did not respond to press and hold to power it down. NV was not found by RAIDar. So I pulled the plug. On boot up it went into resync mode, which was expected. Still not found on RAIDar. NIC LEDs looked OK. Resync was running for well over 96 hours, so I decided the NV was faulty.

At no time, whether resyncing, booting, resetting etc has RAIDar (4.3.8) found the unit, nor have I been able to ping it. I have tried a direct connection to a PC with a suitably configured IP, still no joy. NIC LEDs have always looked normal (amber on, green flashing).

Firmware is the latest available.

I have a replacement Synology that is just waiting for HDDs, so not overly bothered since I have a backup, and have been meaning to replace it with something quicker and more modern for a while. However I would quite like to get it working again since it would be useful as a secondary backup, and seems a shame to bin it.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
SAB68
Aspirant

Re: How long does a Factory Reset take?

Update - I now have disk 2 blinking, which it was doing when resyncing, but the Act LED is now blinking which it wasn't before, although it would occasionally flutter during the resync.

Also RAIDar now finds it and is reporting 'Bad disks detected'. At least it now seems to be functioning properly.

Pls ignore my earlier post, I guess it's now up to me how to proceed.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements