× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to get access to old files on old NAS using windows

TDorner
Aspirant

How to get access to old files on old NAS using windows

Hi,

My network hard drive have been turned off for the last 4 years and I have changed house. The PC where I used to access the files is dead.

Connecting the network harddrive to the new network and using a laptop I can get access to the network harddrive using explorer in the ReadyNas Frontview.

I can see that the files on the drive are still there but no shares are visible in the front view. I have installed Raidar on the laptop but it can't see any network disk?

How do I get access to my old files?

Thanks in advance and sorry if the quetion have already been asked and answeered.

Model: ReadyNAS RND2120|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
TDorner
Aspirant

Raidar 4.3.8 solved it for me, was able to browse unto the shares and copy the files away. Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
Sandshark
Sensei

If you installed RAIDar 6.3, you probably need RAIDar 4.3.8 for your older NAS.  But if you are able to get to the GUI, I don't know why you need RAIDar, which is mostly just a discovery tool and you must already know the IP address to get to the GUI.  I do not understand your statement that "I can see that the files on the drive are still there but no shares are visible in the front view."  If there are no shares, where do you see the files?

Does the NAS show up in "Network" as a PC?  If so, double-click it and you should be presented a list of shares.  If it doesn't show up, open any Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) window and type //ip-of-NAS/ into the address bar where ip-of-nas is the IP address shown when you access it via Frontview.

If you need more help, we'll need to know if your Duo is a V1 (part number ending in -100NAS) or V2 (ends in -200NAS).  Do not be confused by a sticker that says "V2", Netgear has caused a lot of confusion by re-using the "V2" nomenclature.

Message 2 of 6
TDorner
Aspirant

Hi,

The model is ReadyNAS DUO 2120 v2 (on the sticker) (there is no 100NAS or 200NAS, serial nr is 24M3097B0002D).

When I enter the serial number in the normal explorer it opens internet explorer and goes to my shares (after I have enter username and password). It then shows "No shares currently accessible".

If I go to the frontview (in the web client). I can see that 17% of the disk space is used, so my stuff is still there.

In the normal explorer the readynas is shown as a storage device.

Best regards

Model: ReadyNAS RND2120|ReadyNAS Duo
Message 3 of 6
TDorner
Aspirant

Hi,

"When I enter the serial number in the normal explorer it opens internet explorer and goes to my shares (after I have enter username and password). It then shows "No shares currently accessible"."

Is of cause when I enter the IP adress of the REadyNas

Message 4 of 6
Sandshark
Sensei

My bad, I put the slashes in the wrong direction.  Try \\ip-of-nas\.

Message 5 of 6
TDorner
Aspirant

Raidar 4.3.8 solved it for me, was able to browse unto the shares and copy the files away. Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements