× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I can't initiate a shutdown at all through FrontView

brasmussen
Aspirant

I can't initiate a shutdown at all through FrontView

When I try to either shutdown and reboot or just shutdown through FrontView, I get a message that says the system is restarting, but it doesn't restart. The only way to shut down is with the button on the NAS. I am running an NVX with the latest firmware as well as the latest FrontView release. Anyone else experienced this?
Message 1 of 3
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Do you have a backup?

Any other problems?

What services are you using?

Any add-ons?
Message 2 of 3
brasmussen
Aspirant

Yes, I have a backup. It's on an external USB drive.

I have streaming services enabled. I can provide more detail on any other services tonight when I get home.

Yes, I have some strange goings on, including:
1) I have SSH enabled, but am unable to login as root when using the current admin password. It has worked previously.
2) When I do a backup via Frontview, it says the backup has started. However, it will never finish, meaning notification and seeing the destination share populated, until I do a reboot. This has worked previously.
3) I have EnableSSH and have also installed ToggleSSH twice to see if that made any difference regarding 1. Nope. I was grasping at straws a little bit.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements