× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Installation of add-on problem

UlfLaursen
Aspirant

Installation of add-on problem

Hallo

My name is Ulf, and I am from Denmark. This is my first post on this great forum, and I hope someone will be able to guide me to a possible solution. 🙂

I have a Ready NAS Pro, currently with 5 1 TB discs installed and I am running Radiator 4.2.22, which I beleive is the latest.

My problem started out with noise comming from the 80 mm fan at the back, so I wanted to replace it. I took a corsair 80 mm fan designed for PC cases and mounted it. Then another problem came because the sys temp. became more that 65 degr. C, which set the alarm and e-mailed me.

I did some research and found a small add-on, where you cold raise the RPM on the fan to provide less heat inside the NAS:

http://www.readynas.com/?page_id=617

http://www.readynas.com/download/addons/3.01/EnableFanMinRPMOverride_0.1

The problem is now when I try to install it, I get this error:

What would you guys reccomend me to do? Could I get another fan, or is there perhaps an update somewhere to the add-on?

Thanks in advance.

Ulf
Message 1 of 7
F_L_
Tutor

Hi Ulf and welcome.
This add-on is only for sparc models and yours is a x86 model.
Thats why you got this error.

For the fan control maybe you can use the same solution some people use for the 6.0.x upgrade (for legacy models)?

Do a search for fancontrol on the forum.
Message 2 of 7
StephenB
Guru

The Pro has a 5 year warranty. You should contact Netgear at support.netgear.com. Do you still have the original fan?
Message 3 of 7
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

The Pro Business Edition has a 5 year warranty whilst the Pro Pioneer Edition has a 3 year warranty.
Message 4 of 7
UlfLaursen
Aspirant

Thanks a lot guys, I will contact the support tomorrow 🙂

Ulf
Message 5 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

When downloading addons, you need to make sure they are for the right archetecture and Raidiator version. Fortunately, the system prevents you from actually loading most, if not all, incompaible ones. But it can be frustrating when you try.

Radiator 3.x is ancient and only for the original SPARC processor. That's what the addon you downloaded is for, as demonstrated by the 3.01 in the URL. 4.1.x is the current series for these.

Radiator 4.2.x is for Intel archetectures like your Pro, the NVX, the Ultra's, and the newer rack-mount systems for business and high-end home users.

Radiator 5.3.x is for the newer ARM archectectures that replace the SPARC for the lesser expensive home models like the Dual and NV+ V2.

If you don't get the satisfaction you need from Support, search the forum. When replacing the fans, it is critical that you maintain the same flow rate or better or you will get overheating. There have been discussions of suitable replacements for both chassis and CPU fans for the Pro.
Message 6 of 7
UlfLaursen
Aspirant

Thanks Sandshark - it's great to know. 🙂

I actually did login and check my warrenty, and it runs to 2015, so I will call them tomorrow. Not sure it they will sendt out parts or only a new unit - hope for the first, because I can change myself 🙂

Ulf
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements