× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is 5.3.3 (ARM) final available?

tim_hamblin
Aspirant

Is 5.3.3 (ARM) final available?

I have a ReadyNAS Duo Version 2...

When I run Dashboard and then go to Configure, I get a message window telling me:
New firmware version is available
Current Version: 5.3.2
New Version: 5.3.3
Image Size: 78.7 MB
Release Notes: ReadyNAS ARM Final Realease

If I click on the Release Notes it goes to http://www.readynas.com/RAIDiator_arm_5_3_3_Notes
But this link is Not Found, Error 404 The page you are looking for does not exist, etc....

If I click on Update, the updates fails:
Thu Jan 26 22:56:09 WET 2012 Problem encountered while updating your ReadyNAS device.
Thu Jan 26 22:51:41 WET 2012 Please reboot your ReadyNAS device to continue with the update process.
Thu Jan 26 22:49:36 WET 2012 Invalid checksum detected in the update file. Update aborted.
Thu Jan 26 22:32:48 WET 2012 Please reboot your ReadyNAS device to continue with the update process.

And when I tried again...
Thu Jan 26 23:13:15 WET 2012 Problem encountered while updating your ReadyNAS device.

And another attempt...
Sat Jan 28 08:25:14 WET 2012 Error installing firmware.

Volume scan finds no errors after a restart...

I don't see any official announcement that 5.3.3 (ARM) is available on ReadyNAS website or forum (apart from the bet 5.3.3 [T8])
Very strange, anyone else encountered this? Not too bothered if the issues I'm seeing are due to the 5.3.3 not actually being available for download, maybe it's a sign that it will soon be released?

Is there a way of stopping the Duo V2 from checking for new firmware - it seems to do this now every time I go into Dashboard > Configure....?
Message 1 of 8
tim_hamblin
Aspirant

Also noticed I got a notifcaition email (from NAS box)...

Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 12:32 AM
Subject: New ReadyNAS firmware available (ReadyNAS-Duo)

A newer version of the firmware for your ReadyNAS device is now available. To install it, please go to the System page and click on the Update tab. Then, go to the Remote tab, click the Check For Update button, then click Perform System Update.

Name: RAIDiator-arm
Version: 5.3.3
Date: Mon Jan 9 02:29:32 2012
Size: 82509824
Description: http://www.readynas.com/RAIDiator_arm_5_3_3_Notes

I notice that the instructions are for updating using Frontview, not the new Dashboard used for the ReadyNAS Duo V2...
Message 2 of 8
PapaBear1
Guide

When I look in the announcements section, the latest final version shown is 5.3.2. When I go to the Readynas website and then click on technologies and then click on RAIDiator (ARM) the latest listed is 5.3.2. In the Beta Forum, RAIDiator 5.3.3 [T8] is listed with the Jan 9 date.

It would appear from that info, that 5.3.2 is the very lastest final release.
Message 3 of 8
tim_hamblin
Aspirant

@PapaBear - Cheers for the prompt reply...

Question is how do I now stop it from prompting for the update every time I go into Dashboard > Configure...?
There doesn't appear to be an option to stop the new ReadyNAS Dupo Version 2 from checking for updates...
Message 4 of 8
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

5.3.3 has been released. It's been posted to the update server. NetGear just hasn't posted it to readynas.com or published the Release Notes yet.
Message 5 of 8
chirpa
Luminary

Posting the release notes shortly.
Message 6 of 8
chirpa
Luminary

Message 7 of 8
tim_hamblin
Aspirant

Wow that was quick....

Update from 5.3.2 to 5.3.3 successful (maunally downloaded 5.3.3 firmware from website, then updated from local copy)...

Cheers!!!
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements