× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Joining ADS results in no messages and will not connect

birdman_2000
Aspirant

Joining ADS results in no messages and will not connect

I just got in ReadyNAS pro 4. In trying to set the security up to see our domain i have hit a wall. When i enter all my correct infomation and then hit apply i get the swirly showing it is doing something and a screen blink. Nothing else. No error message or success. When i look at the logs i see no reference to a failed attempt to join. When i enter the password incorrectly on purpose i get an error. If i enter the wrong domain name it gives me an error. Anyone got any ideas beside beating this thing with a hammer. I am really getting ticked at this device.

For wrong password:
unsuccessful domain join error and unsuccessful start of the WINSBIND service.

For wrong domain:
Could not find the specified domain controller for the specified realm and unsuccessful start of the WINSBIND service.

Device:
Readynas Pro 4 (running 2 1tb WD Enterprise mirrored)
firmware version: 4.2.17
Message 1 of 4
Grievous
Aspirant

Re: Joining ADS results in no messages and will not connect

How long exactly are you waiting after attempting to join the domain? It's definitely not the quickest process.
Message 2 of 4
birdman_2000
Aspirant

I have waited quite a while. I downloaded the logs, but i can't find which one should have the errors. Under status>logs, it doesn't even show i try to run it. Only way i get an error in the log is if i enter something completely wrong. It's strange.
Message 3 of 4
birdman_2000
Aspirant

I figured this out. For some reason i couldn't use the admin account to join the nas to the domain. I verified the correct password, but it still didn't work. I am thinking it's a password size limitation in the netgear box since our admin password is 30 characters with special characters.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements