× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Logging Into Ready NAS via Internet

StanPyke
Aspirant

Logging Into Ready NAS via Internet

Hi all,

Today I have tried to log into my Ready NAS 104 via Microsoft Edge. My credentials were normally saved but this time it asked me to enter my password which I did and would not let me log in. Eventually took me to a password recovery login and asked me a security question which i entered and again refused this. I know I have entered the correct password and security question and neither are working. I have been accessing it via the normal IP address 192.168.0.3 as well.

Accessing this page obviously allows me to setup new shares etc which I cannot now do. Does anyone know what has happened or any solutions to this, thanks?

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 5
StanPyke
Aspirant

I have also noticed when I log into Ready Cloud on the internet that it says my device is offline yet can still see it through windows explorer and can ac cess and play any files.

I have tried other browsers but just cannot log into the Ready NAS homepage to manage my device.

Have replaced cables, restarted router, PC and NAS unit.

Message 2 of 5
coloatty
Luminary

If you are not already informed about the ReadyCLOUD outage, read the following before doing anything else:

ReadyCLOUD Outage:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/ReadyCLOUD/ReadyNAS-Bulletin-Board-on-March-30th-2017-ReadyCLOUD-Ou...

If after reading the link above you choose to boot to Volume Read Only, see ReadyNAS Boot Menu Instructions (note links to specific models toward bottom of page):

https://kb.netgear.com/20898/ReadyNAS-ReadyDATA-Boot-Menu?cid=wmt_netgear_organic

Message 3 of 5
StanPyke
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for your reply. Not sure if I am affected by this as never accessed via Ready Cloud until I tied today due to not being able to get to my home page as explained above.

Something else I have noticed is when I look at devices in my router the NAS unit om 192.168.0.3 is gone. When I restart the router or NAS unit it appears again and then at some point disappears from the device list again.

Totally miffed and confused by all this.

Message 4 of 5
StanPyke
Aspirant

Hi all,

Did an OS install reboot and now can access everything again although it is set to admin rather than my email address and not sure if I can change that.

Thanks for any replies so far. I think when my electric meter was ecxhanged the sudden power loss corrupted it.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements