× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lost connection to ReadyNas Duo drive

Gray_Cambs
Aspirant

Lost connection to ReadyNas Duo drive

I have a MacBook Pro running El Capitan connected to a BT wireless router.

Hard wired to the router is a ReadyNas Duo drive.

Until recently I was able to access files on the drive via my computer and if neccasary I could reconnect to the external drive via the RAIDar tool. However for some odd reason this has stopped working and RAIDar no longer sees the drive.

I can go into the router and it lists the drive as being connected...

As far as I know no updates have occured between being able to see the drive and losing it...

I can see the drive is still on my local network as it is available via my smart TV...

But as I say neither my computer or the RAIDar app can see the drive let alone connect to it.

All in all this is very annoying, can anyone help/suggest a fix?

Gray

Model: ReadyNASRND2120|ReadyNAS Duo 2TB (2 X 1TB)
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Gray_Cambs,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Since you mentioned that you are able to access the router and still see the NAS connected to it, kindly try the following steps:

1. Connect your computer directly to the BT wireless router using an ethernet cable.  Turn off the wireless capability of your computer for the meantime to test the wired connection in order to isolate the problem.

2. Check if you will be able to get replies when you ping the IP address of your ReadyNAS Duo.  If ever you are able to get replies from your ReadyNAS Duo, check if you can still access the files stored in it. 

3. If ever still the same problem after doing steps 1 & 2, use another computer and repeat the steps above. 

As reference on how to ping on MAC OS, kindly access and read the article below: 

How to Ping on Mac OS

What is the current firmware version of your ReadyNAs Duo?

Do you have a back up of the data stored in your ReadyNAS Duo? 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Gray_Cambs,

I just want to follow-up on this.  We’d greatly appreciate your feedback. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
Gray_Cambs
Aspirant

Hi DaneA,

I directly connected my computer to the router in the way you suggested and was able to ping the ReadyNas Duo drive using the IP address shown by the router.

However, I do not know how to access files or get information regarding firmware etc. Previously I was able to access root of the ReadyNas Duo using a different IP address via a web browse, this allowed me to view firmware details and alter passwards etc. But this IP address does not work currently. And the IP address given by the router does not give me this level of access??

Thank you for you help.

Gray

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Entering https://nas-ip-address/admin in your browser should give you access to the web UI of the NAS (using the current NAS ip address).  There might be security warnings you might need to click through.

If you are using windows, then you can to access the files by entering \\nas-ip-address into Windows File explorer (being careful to use the correct slash direction).  If you have a mac, you can also access the files using Finder (specifying SMB as the protocol).

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements