× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Media Backup from iPhone Lost Since IOS9

dmartin85
Aspirant

Media Backup from iPhone Lost Since IOS9

Hi.

I use the ReadyCloud app to backup photos from two iPhones. Since the latest IOS update one of these backups seems faulty. All the images on the phone say they need backing up, and the folder on the NAS seems inaccessible. This folder had lots of photos that have since been deleted so I would be loathed to think I have lost them.

Is there anything I can do?I have tried the recover option, but this doesn't seem to show all the images, and it only allows me to recover 1 file at a time (we are talking thousands) - and this didn't seem to work anyway.

The other phone is working fine however.

Thanks, Daniel Martin

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Media Backup from iPhone Lost Since IOS9

Hi dmartin85,

You're welcome! Were you using the admin page to access the files? I suggest you use Finder (MAC OS X) or File Explorer in trying to access the files via SMB or AFP. 

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9

All Replies
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dmartin85,

Welcome to the community!

Having your mobile software or firmware version updated doesn't have anything to do with the synced share folder on your ReadyNAS. You should still be able to access the said share where the photos from your mobile phone synced. If you can no longer can access it locally using a PC or an iMAC, these photos might have been deleted or changes on the permission on the share might have been applied. Lastly, the snapshot feature of the NAS is enabled on the share once created. It is possible that your media files or photos are still there and here are some articles that may help.

How do I recover data from a snapshot on my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system to a network-attached devic...

How do I browse snapshots using the recovery mode on my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system?

I look forward to your feedback.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 9
dmartin85
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply.

When I try to open the folder it loads for a while and then nothing happens, I have tried snapshots, but again nothing seems to happen.

I'll try these guides too and get back to you. 

Regards,

Daniel Martin

Message 3 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dmartin85,

You're welcome! Were you using the admin page to access the files? I suggest you use Finder (MAC OS X) or File Explorer in trying to access the files via SMB or AFP. 

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 9
dmartin85
Aspirant

Hi Brian.

I hadn't thought of using finder, but I have logged in as admin, navigated to the folder and after the disc began to click rapidly and the HD light blinking like crazy, the pictures eventually showed up.

As this folder has nearly 4000 pictures and videos, might it be worth sectioning them off to make it more accessible?

The ReadyNAS app still wants to update over 300 photos, many of which are already backed-up, but I have just let it duplicate them.

Thanks again for all your help.

Dan

Message 5 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dmartin85,

I agree that it would be better if you will segregate or move some of your photos to another share so loading them via ReadyCLOUD app will be much faster. With regard to the behavior of your ReadyNAS system, it seems that it went on idle mode and the disks might have spinned down. If this feature is enabled or turned on, kindly disable it.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 9
dmartin85
Aspirant

Excellent. Thank you.

Message 7 of 9
ChristinWein
Aspirant

I saw your problems has been solved before, but I still want to share my idea of backing up from iPhone. 

1. Tap Settings > iCloud > Backup. If you’re using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
2. Tap iCloud Backup to turn it on.
3. Tap Back Up Now.
After you turn on iCloud Backup, iCloud will back up your content automatically. You can return to this screen to see when the last back up happened.
Backing Up an iPhone to iCloud – Restore using iCloud
Use these steps if you have a new iOS device, or you need to restore after a factory reset:
1. Turn on your device. You should see a Hello screen.
2. Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant until you get to the Set Up screen.
3. Select Restore from iCloud Backup.
4. Select a backup.

Message 8 of 9
StephenB
Guru

ChristinWein - this is a ReadyNAS forum, not iCloud

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos