× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Migrate Readynas Ultra 2 Plus to Readynas 212

mvrana
Tutor

Migrate Readynas Ultra 2 Plus to Readynas 212

I'm running 6.6.0 on my Ultra 2 Plus and it's humming along (except for real-time virus scanning, all works quite well.)

However, would I be able to migrate easily to a 212 simply by moving my hard drives over? Since they'd both be running 6.6, my guess is yes. But would I need to reinstall my apps for them to work? (different chip architecture?)

Model: ReadyNASRNDP200U|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Plus Chassis only
Message 1 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Re: Migrate Readynas Ultra 2 Plus to Readynas 212

You can migrate the disks, but some (perhaps most) apps won't work.  So it would be best to uninistall the apps first if you can.

Message 2 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mvrana,

Also, if you have a scratch disk that you can use with the 212, install it just to be able to update its firmware to the same version of your Ultra 2+. Once done, turn it off, remove the disk and insert the ones from Ultra 2+.

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello mvrana,

Also, if you have a scratch disk that you can use with the 212, install it just to be able to update its firmware to the same version of your Ultra 2+. Once done, turn it off, remove the disk and insert the ones from Ultra 2+.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If you were to get an x86 ReadyNAS e.g. RN312, RN314, RN316, RN526X, RN626X then there wouldn't be the problem with apps that StephenB mentioned above.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements