× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Missing files?

fixit9660
Aspirant

Missing files?

Hi,

I've just spotted this in my error.log file:

[Fri Dec 16 09:49:35 2016] [error] [client w.x.y.z] File does not exist: /frontview/dashboard/images/scroller/style1-tb.png, referer: https://w.x.y.v/admin/index.html
[Fri Dec 16 09:49:35 2016] [error] [client w.x.y.z] File does not exist: /frontview/dashboard/images/scroller/style1-lr.png, referer: https://w.x.y.v/admin/index.html

The GUI seems to work okay, but I guess it doesn't look right? Is it possible to manually copy these files back into place, assuming I can get them from somewhere, please?

Model: ReadyNASRND4000v2|ReadyNAS NV+ v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
fixit9660
Aspirant

Re: Missing files?

I think you are correct when you say it's a bug in one of the web pages. I found another .png file on the NAS with a similar name, copied it into /frontview/dashboard/images/scroller/ directory, amended the ownerships and permissions and now I don't get the error messages. I also can't see any change in the admin index webpage, which is where they're loaded when it's displayed on login. If someone can supply me with the correct files, or tell me where to get them, and what difference it'll make, then I'll install them. Otherwise I think I'm done here.

Thank you again for all your prompt help, very much appreciated.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

That does look odd.  You could try an OS reinstall from the front panel (not a factory reset)

That will reset the admin password to "password" and the network interface to use DHCP.  Other settings shouldn't be affected.

Message 2 of 9
fixit9660
Aspirant

Yes, I thought of the OS re-install but I was looking for something a little quicker, and more elegant? Just copying across a couple of small .png files instead of a whole re-install seems a better solution to me?

Message 3 of 9
bedlam1
Prodigy

An OS reinstall should take no more than 10 minutes max

Message 4 of 9
StephenB
Guru

@fixit9660 wrote:

Yes, I thought of the OS re-install but I was looking for something a little quicker, and more elegant? Just copying across a couple of small .png files instead of a whole re-install seems a better solution to me?

Since I'm not a v2 owner, I don't have them to share.

The reinstall is quick, though it requires the paper-clip reset stuff.  You could also simply manually over-install the firmware from the web-ui - that wouldn't change any settings.

Message 5 of 9
fixit9660
Aspirant

Oh well I was going to upgrade to 5v3.12 anyway. Here goes.

Message 6 of 9
fixit9660
Aspirant

...erm....I thought that upgrading to ARM 5.3.12 would fix it but apparently not:

[Fri Dec 16 14:36:03 2016] [error] [client 10.76.7.77] File does not exist: /frontview/dashboard/images/scroller/style1-tb.png, referer: https://10.76.7.100/admin/index.html
[Fri Dec 16 14:36:03 2016] [error] [client 10.76.7.77] File does not exist: /frontview/dashboard/images/scroller/style1-lr.png, referer: https://10.76.7.100/admin/index.html

Any ideas please?

Message 7 of 9
StephenB
Guru

It might just be a bug in one of the web pages.

Maybe someone else with a v2 can look and see if they see the same error.

Message 8 of 9
fixit9660
Aspirant

I think you are correct when you say it's a bug in one of the web pages. I found another .png file on the NAS with a similar name, copied it into /frontview/dashboard/images/scroller/ directory, amended the ownerships and permissions and now I don't get the error messages. I also can't see any change in the admin index webpage, which is where they're loaded when it's displayed on login. If someone can supply me with the correct files, or tell me where to get them, and what difference it'll make, then I'll install them. Otherwise I think I'm done here.

Thank you again for all your prompt help, very much appreciated.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements