× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS Duo accessible via Wi-Fi but not via LAN

NH2501
Aspirant

NAS Duo accessible via Wi-Fi but not via LAN

Hello,

I write on this forum cause I wasted too many hours looking for working solution of this weird situation. I know that there is a lot of issues related to Win7 access to NAS, but maybe my issue is so obvious or so though.

Well, got NAS Duo and 1 PC (Win7 HP 32bit LAN) and 2 notebooks: Win7 Enterprise 64bit LAN/Wifi, and Win7 HP 64bit LAN/WiFi. All of them works fine with NAS except the last one and only when trying to reach it via LAN. When I try to do this share/device/IP is always not connected or not reachable. When you swich to Wi-Fi, it works (but slowly, of course). What is strange, NAS is detected by RAIDar software.

I don't remember all solutions I tried... I tried with firewall off, switched NTML settings, different accounts, MTU setting.

Please help me with any advice. Maybe even I missed something obvious and simple?
Message 1 of 3
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

Re: NAS Duo accessible via Wi-Fi but not via LAN

What specific error message are you seeing? Are you able to connect to the other PCs over LAN?
Message 2 of 3
NH2501
Aspirant

Re: NAS Duo accessible via Wi-Fi but not via LAN

"Windows cannot access share_name". RAIDar see NAS...
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements