× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS RN104 updated to 6.5 can't login

plinchuang
Aspirant

NAS RN104 updated to 6.5 can't login

I use to love Netgear products but have been pretty frustrated as of late since the ReadyCloud firmware updates.  I can no longer trust the equipment.

I performed the 6.4 to 6.5 firmware update then through the dashboard performed a "Factory Reset".  2 days later now that the array has rebuilt I tried to login with "admin" and "password" but it won't let me in.  I know the IP is correct because I use Raidar and it lists the 2 IP addresses. (I have both ethernets plugged in. 192.168.1.7 and 192.168.1.12) 

The strange thing is if I say "cancel" it takes me to the recovery screen where it seems to list the prior recovery questions that I had setup.  Yet using my old password I still can't get in. I have even cleared the cache.

I'm effectivly locked out of the unit with no clue why it either won't let me in or why it didn't seem to properly reset itself back to a factory default state.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
plinchuang
Aspirant

Re: NAS RN104 updated to 6.5 can't login

Thanxs guys.  I guess I miss read the manual on that part.  It works find now..... though it seems to have created another problem which I guess I'll start a new thread for.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9

All Replies
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Try with just one ethernet cable plugged in.

Also try clearing your web browser cache, close your web browser then reopen the web admin page. This should make sure that any caching of the web admin pages for your system before you did the factory reset are properly flushed.

Welcome to the community!

Message 2 of 9
plinchuang
Aspirant

tried  that.  Still doesn't work.

Should I try to do a factory reset again using the physical button on the back of the NAS?

Message 3 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello plinchuang,

Have you tried on another computer? If so, please try OS reinstall from the boot menu. If that still gives you the same results and you do not have important files stored to the volume of the NAS then factory reset from the boot menu is okay.

Regards,

Message 4 of 9
plinchuang
Aspirant

NAS is already reformatted so no important data is on it. 

It's perplexing though that even reformatted via the software menu it appears to have retained the old settings.

I still can't get in from another computer. 

I guess hardware reboot it is.

Message 5 of 9
plinchuang
Aspirant

So I powered off the NAS.  Held a paper clip on the reset.  Powered the unit back on. Saw the "Boot Menu" come up on the LCD.  Released the paper clip.  And a half hour later the blue power light is still blinking but I have no options to factory default.  LCD still says "Boot Menu".  What gives? 

Message 6 of 9
bedlam1
Prodigy

You need to press the backup button to scroll to the boot option you want

Message 7 of 9
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi plinchuang,

In addition to bedlam1's suggestion, once the LCD displays "Factory Reset" you need to push again the reset button at the back using your paper clip for 2-3 seconds. Then the system would reboot itself again and the restoration process will start.

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 9
plinchuang
Aspirant

Thanxs guys.  I guess I miss read the manual on that part.  It works find now..... though it seems to have created another problem which I guess I'll start a new thread for.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements