× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NAS disapeared from window 10 file explorer after updating to Firmware version 6.6.1

lcwakeman
Aspirant

NAS disapeared from window 10 file explorer after updating to Firmware version 6.6.1

After upgrading firmware, the RN is browsable in file explorer. Discovery is working as I can see and browse my other PC.

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 18

Accepted Solutions
lcwakeman
Aspirant

Re: NAS disapeared from window 10 file explorer after updating to Firmware version 6.6.1

That was No Joy.

It is resolved. Turns out my anti-virus turned off file and print sharing. It is a chatty one and I think it thre up a dialog and I clicked the wrong button to dismiss it.

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 18

All Replies
jak0lantash
Mentor

Re: NAS disapeared from window 10 file explorer after updating to Firmware version 6.6.1

I suppose you mean "not browsable in file explorer".

What is happening exactly? Can you see the NAS at all or not?

Can you reach the admin page? Can you ping its IP address? Can you see it with RAIDar?

https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Are you trying to access it directly or via ReadyCLOUD app?

Message 2 of 18
lcwakeman
Aspirant

nas_browse.jpgNot at all.

Message 3 of 18
lcwakeman
Aspirant

Though the device does eventually show up but not the shares

nas_browse2.jpg

Message 4 of 18
jak0lantash
Mentor

We'll have to wait for a moderator to approve the images. I won't be able to see them until then.

Message 5 of 18
StephenB
Guru

what happens if you enter \\nas-ip-address in the windows file explorer address bar?  Use the real ip address of course...

Message 6 of 18
jak0lantash
Mentor

You can also try to discover the NAS with RAIDar and click on Browse:

https://kb.netgear.com/20684/ReadyNAS-Downloads#raidar

Message 7 of 18
lcwakeman
Aspirant

putting //ip in the address bar of explorer opens the admin page if the NAS in my default browser.

Message 8 of 18
lcwakeman
Aspirant

raidar opens a status page.

Message 9 of 18
jak0lantash
Mentor

If you want to browse the shares from Explorer, it's \\ip, not //ip.
Message 10 of 18
lcwakeman
Aspirant

I had typed \\ but reported //. It brings up the admin page in my default browser and I can browse the shares there. I use my NAS for backups. media, and svn repositories. I NEED access to the shares from my PC.

Message 11 of 18
ctechs
Apprentice

I checked this out locally with my Windows 10 computer.

//NAS-IP does what you are describing and opens a web browser

\\NAS-IP should access the NAS via SMB...something is awry with your Windows configuration if that's not happening.

What happens if you try to access the NAS from that other PC?

What happens if you click on one of your mapped drive letters?

Message 12 of 18
lcwakeman
Aspirant

If I try to connect usin \\IP, I get a login dialog (I never set a password) and then get a network error and the diagnotic says it couldn't find the issue.

That other PC is the PC I am on.

The mapped shares return network path not found.

Message 13 of 18
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello lcwakeman,

Go back to admin page and mark Allow anonymous access on all shares.

Regards,

Message 14 of 18
lcwakeman
Aspirant

Allow anonymous access was already enanled for all shares.

Message 15 of 18
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello lcwakeman,

You might want to try the official release FW 6.7.3.

Regards,

Message 16 of 18
lcwakeman
Aspirant

Bo Joy

Message 17 of 18
lcwakeman
Aspirant

That was No Joy.

It is resolved. Turns out my anti-virus turned off file and print sharing. It is a chatty one and I think it thre up a dialog and I clicked the wrong button to dismiss it.

Message 18 of 18
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements