× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

data DEGRADED

lavenhamphoto
Aspirant

data DEGRADED

Today I noticed my readynas flashing at me data Degraded. SO I'm worrying. I have two drives running in a raid, so I'm hoping the daa is still OK?

I'm surprised that the ReadyNAS Admin gives me n info about the problem, other than a yellow dot saying degraded, no info if I click on the dot etc.

Please can someone advise how I can figure out the problem?

Hope you can help! Thanks

Model: RN104|ReadyNAS 100 Series
Message 1 of 6
lavenhamphoto
Aspirant

Re: data DEGRADED

Have emailed the logs...

Message 2 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Your logs clearly show that disk 1 has failed.

Message 3 of 6
lavenhamphoto
Aspirant

I opened the logs and can't see which one would tell me what! It would be helpful I think if the admin section of ReadyNAS could tell me about faults or errors!

Is it simply that a whole disk is 'broken' or segments, that a diskcheck could fix? How would I even disk-check a drive that's in the readyNAS?
Thanks

Message 4 of 6
mdgm-ntgr
NETGEAR Employee Retired

In the logs e.g. systemd-journal.log, kernel.log and dmesg I could see I/O errors.

Also in disk_info.log and volume.log I couldn't see the SMART stats for the failed disk due to the I/O errors.

The GUI under Volumes would show that the disk has failed.

The status log also indicates that disk 1 failed.

[17/05/23 11:54:24] err:disk:LOGMSG_ZFS_DISK_STATUS_CHANGED Disk in channel 1 (Internal) changed state from ONLINE to FAILED.

Message 5 of 6
lavenhamphoto
Aspirant

Thanks, I'll order a replacement. When I plug it in, will it automatically populate the data to the new drive?

I've always had two, running in raid. Though I told it to restart, and now it's actually only showing one drive. YNetgear-Degraded.jpget it's still saying 'Degraded'. Nowhere on the screen can I see 'Failed', and no clickable elements to the volumes screen, except the gear icon. (Attached screenshot)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements