× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NV+ v2 ReadyDLNA Folder Refresh - not seeing new/moved f

scottbutton
Aspirant

NV+ v2 ReadyDLNA Folder Refresh - not seeing new/moved files

I have an issue in my media share with ReadyDLNA enabled. New &/or moved .MP4 files on my ReadyNAS NV+ v2 do not show the new files/folders automatically. I need to either disable ReadyDLNA service or reboot the NAS to see the new files/folders.

My previous ReadyNAS NV+ v1 had an option for regular scan/refresh from memory, I don't see any configurable ReadyDLNA settings in the v2 with the latest (or earlier) firmware image.

Is anyone able to share tips or tricks on how/where to configure the ReadyNAS NV+ v2 to scan for new/changed content automatically?
Message 1 of 13
yemmy1
Aspirant

+1 for me as well. I am not sure how long it takes to refresh. I can see the folders on my PC when I connect via Ip address, however on my PS/3 I cannot see the new folders I have created. I cannot find a way to force a refresh either.
Message 2 of 13
Mikeincalgary
Aspirant

Same , is there a trick to it?
Message 3 of 13
meatman
Aspirant

Same problem here on a RN Duo V2. Copy files from a windows machine to a mapped drive on the RN successfully and they can be accessed. Access through DLNA shows the folders, just no files. If I force a DLNA rescan or stop and start ReadyDLNA they will appear during the scan when they are hit in the process. This is a temp fix and I am only using 800GB of 3TB, so once it starts filling up, scans will take forever. I was on RAIDiator 5.3.7 with the problem and I upgraded to RAIDiator 5.3.8 and the problem seemed to be fixed, for a day or two, but now it is back.

Any help would be appreciated!
Message 4 of 13
Mikeincalgary
Aspirant

How do you force a DLNA rescan
Message 5 of 13
meatman
Aspirant

Once you login as an admin and you are at the dashboard, click CONFIGURE. In the configure screen, under services, click READYDLNA and a dialog will pop-up for setting auto scan. Click the circular arrows and it will rescan.
Message 6 of 13
Mikeincalgary
Aspirant

Thanks!
Message 7 of 13
scottbutton
Aspirant

meatman wrote:
Once you login as an admin and you are at the dashboard, click CONFIGURE. In the configure screen, under services, click READYDLNA and a dialog will pop-up for setting auto scan. Click the circular arrows and it will rescan.

Thanks meatman! I don't think I've ever noticed the ReadyDLNA service/button on the front Configure page.

I wonder when the Auto Scan feature will work - I moved some files around 24+hrs ago, I had to force a refresh to see the new files.
Message 8 of 13
meatman
Aspirant

NP Scott, glad to help. I hope the autoscan is fixed soon as well as I'm only using 800GB of 3TB and the scan takes about 5 minutes now. I would hate to have to wait 20-30 mins when she is close to full.
Message 9 of 13
biker972
Aspirant

Hi, I also have problem to see all files in shared folder...the strange is that i can see all of the directories, but also I can see files only in few directories, other directories are blanks (0 files)...
I tried refresh several times, no help. I'm using apps on android and iOS, both are the same, Only first few directories have files.
On the other hand, I see and use all files on my Mac and Win comp's without any problem...
Message 10 of 13
flaminio
Aspirant

Having the same issue here with my NV+v2. New or moved files do not show up on DLNA devices (including a Samsung TV, Playstation 3, and BoxeeTV). I need to force a rescan to see new files, and on my device it takes hours.

This is with RAIDiator-arm-5.3.9 and ReadyDLNA 1.1.1.2, but I was seeing this behavior with 5.3.8 & 1.0.0.25 previously (I had hoped the updates would fix this).

Any clues/advice?
Message 11 of 13
Neal1
Aspirant

Similar problem, but with my ReadyNas the DLNA "button" doesn't work so I cannot even force a rescan. Using Chrome. Any thoughts?

To confirm, other "buttons" in setting do work and prior to this firmware revision I had no problems although the autoscan didn't work.
Message 12 of 13
flaminio
Aspirant

Neal wrote:
Similar problem, but with my ReadyNas the DLNA "button" doesn't work so I cannot even force a rescan. Using Chrome. Any thoughts?

To confirm, other "buttons" in setting do work and prior to this firmware revision I had no problems although the autoscan didn't work.

This just started happening with me too! The ReadyDLNA button does nothing when you click it. All the other buttons on that screen work OK. I've tried it with Chrome and IE -- same behavior.

I was able to force a rescan using the command line procedure detailed in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=59408&start=15

And then it worked OK. But I do wish it worked all the time. With my system, every now and then it just stops scanning when new files show up. It'll work for a week, or maybe even a month, and then just stop, and I have to rescan.
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements